Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Country Flag: United States

I'm in a Minneapolis suburb and I'm seeing a lot of the same at car shows. As in, same old, same old. Similar to what a lot of you have been saying /seeing.
    Full-on restos, mild customs, 80's throwbacks (Cragars, stinkbug stance), and MAYBE a couple PT wannabes with the 18's and red calipers. Purpose-built PT cars/trucks? Nope.

My take is that the "real" PT cars (other than the big-buck pro builds) are being built to be driven and enjoyed, not shown.
    Not that you can't or couldn't show most of them, it's just that most would rather spend weekends at the track or road-tripping and not in a lawn chair or cruising a fairgrounds.

I'm "up north" of MPLS about 150 miles. My builds have been semi- pro tour. LS engines, bigger brakes, typically C5 all around and updated suspension components. Not new after market frame type builds. No real pro tour builds around here. Some very nice street rods and restored muscle cars. Lot's of semi-restored cars from years past restorations.
    The only really pro touring gathering is at the Oreillys Street Machine Nationals in July. Many run the autocross. Some are quite fast. They are from all over the upper mid-west.

Country Flag: United States

I'm from the Seattle area and don't see many purpose built pro touring cars in this area. There are a lot of restmod type cars and drag race style cars. I think most people want a car that has better handling,braking and comfort than what what they had from the factory but don't want to live with a borderline road race car everyday.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3