Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Smooth vent hoses to boost velocity?

any gen1 camaro owner know the right and left lower ball vents sit waaaay too far away, the V/A spiral wound, slinky type hoses i would imagine slow the air speed to the vent. the center vent doesnt have an adjustable vane to direct air in any diffent direction other than the fixed set up either.
      has anyone tried making smooth hoses successfully? pvc, hose, metal or even fiberglass? and were any notable changes.
      maybe if the air speed from vent to person was faster it would feel colder or stay colder before dissapaiting into ambient air temps?

I'm interested, the crinkle tubing is convenient, but it sure sucks for flow.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

i recall reading someone using cardboard tubing to mock up lines, masking tape and fiberglass finish, minimal two layers, just enough to keep it together without being too bulky. i'm thinking silicone tubing, elbows, with tin end but connectors. thermally resistant/insulator and slick i.d or maybe light schedule pvc and a heat gun?????......just don't know if cost with outweigh the performance.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com