Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by arcane73 View Post
      I can totally understand why so many from Cali are moving here. At the same time though, there are more than a few people here in Phoenix that apparently aren't happy about it because I've started seeing more and more "Don't California my Arizona!" stickers recently.
      Texas is full.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by USAZR1 View Post
      Texas is full.
      Oh, c'mon! My wife and i were looking to retire there. We don't want to stay in Phoenix and don't want to move back to New Orleans.....
      I'll bring beer and crawfish!

Quote Originally Posted by nokones View Post
      Thanks Ron for the information. I won't have this problem again because I will be living in Arizona by the time I have to smog my 93 C4.
      I still get our drivers smogged here once every two years (03 and 05) but 67-80 have to do it yearly. And i think it's only required in Maricopa county (Phoenix and surrounding areas) and Pima i believe (Tucson)
      My 68 runs copper plates (antique tags) and isn't required to test (because i have collector car insurance) but is supposed to be limited in miles driven - insurance rules - not certain if there are restrictions on it with the antique plate.

But with all of that said, I've not had any issues getting anything tested so far. Our nearest testing center allows 96 and newer to pull in and run OBD scan and you're done but they also have the pull on roller tests but i've only seen heavy trucks on them when i've been.
      Kris - Building the poor man's '68 Mustang.

Country Flag: United States
      I left 2 years ago.. I bought the house in the Castro valley hills of the SF Bay, bought it for 720k, sold it 5 years later for 1.6million in Jan 2016.. Im in Texas now.. loaded with Guns and old school cars.. agree.. Texas is full

Quote Originally Posted by MCB Matt View Post
      It is a pretty complicated state to live in for sure. The obvious advantages are the weather and home ownership as our homes are appreciating faster than pretty much anywhere else. There is a LOT of work here as well. It's very unfortunate that many can't afford to work and live even close. I know many that commute 2-3 hours EACH WAY, 5 days a week to make it work. To me, that is insane and I would never do it! Being self employed, we can choose where home and work is so that keeps me here, for now that is!!

I think almost everyone wants a way out of this state but when it comes down to it, it's very hard to leave and almost impossible to come back if you so choose. The store of value in real estate here in the SF bay area is incredible. Homes doubling in price in less than 10 years... If you own one, you aren't complaining!

Kim and I are planning to NOT be in CA forever, we are going WEST ;)

Quote Originally Posted by arcane73 View Post
      I can totally understand why so many from Cali are moving here. At the same time though, there are more than a few people here in Phoenix that apparently aren't happy about it because I've started seeing more and more "Don't California my Arizona!" stickers recently.
      Can’t be simply earlier than 2000 because many years did not even have smog.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com