Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

looking for a Coyote... Copart or IAAI Experiences?

I'll be in the market for a coyote motor soon, for my 67 Cougar. For some reason, the salvage yards are selling these motors for practically new prices so I'm debating weather to save up and buy new from Ford or find a wrecked Mustang/F150. I've had great luck in the past buying wrecked vehicles for the drivetrain and parting out the rest to re-coup some money. But I have always bought locally off craigslist/newspaper and never dealt with sites like Copart or IAAI. Have you guys had any experience with this? It looks like I will have to go through a broker and pay a few hundred bucks in fees, which isn't a problem if the car sells for the right price. The online reviews are terrible but I think 95% of the issue is with title/registration or people expecting to fix a couple small things and have a good running/driving car.

Should I find a Broker and let them find me a car or find a car and then get a broker to buy it through?

On another note, if anybody knows of a good Coyote or wrecked Mustang/F150 for sale locally, please let me know!

Thanks!

I've never had any luck with CoPart! They always want to much $$ and you have to go thru a Broker if you don't have your license

If you know years your looking for try car-part.com biggest issue is if they don't clist the part you need then you fill out a request and wait.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

I buy through IAA. They seem to have the better prices. I go through a friend that is registered with them and he charges me 100$ per win.
      If you decide to buy a salvage vehicle MAKE SURE you inspect it in person before you buy. The pictures don't give you a good enough idea of what is damaged, and if you plan on spending some serious coin, it's a big gamble.
      For example ,two years ago I bought a car for the transmission, didn't inspect in person. Pictures showed a light hit in the front. Turend out it had a crack in the trans case.

you can register with copart and its 100$ per thousand of a deposit to buy a vehicle and you can get your deposit back they have all the state laws on their site you dont have to be a dealer to buy one vehicle some say dealer only bout most dont check out their registration link on their site its very informative my buddy buys alot ftom there without a dealer license

I agree with Monza Racer. I have bought alot of engines off of Car-part.com for customers and I have not had many issues. If I have, the yards will send another because the stuff comes with warranties.

Sorry. Old thread