Default Goodguys - IA vs OH

I would like to attend one of these upcoming shows. Weekend before 4th is Des Moines, IA, weekend after the 4th is Columbus, OH. IA is 371 miles away while OH is 461 miles with Chicago in between. Looking at the schedule, it seems like OH would be better to see some cool cars with Street Machine of the Year. The main reason that I am going is that I have recently decided to dust off the old project (70 Camaro SS\RS) and get rolling again. I plan to go full pro-touring on it, likely with DSE goodies and either a LS or LT engine. I'm looking for ideas and inspiration.

Has anyone been to both these events?

Country Flag: United States

It's been a minute since I have done a GG show but Des Moines was always my favorite. It's just a better place overall, the fairgrounds, the food, etc. I'll be there next weekend.

Columbus will probably have a better selection of what you want to see.
    Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Donny makes a good point about both shows. We set up and display at both of them. They each have their good and bad, but Columbus is the more popular show of the 2 as far as variety of cars and quantity/quality.
    visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

Des Moines GG is the best car show I have ever been to, period. The fairgrounds is a beautiful place for a car show.

That being said, it is on my list to go to Columbus one year. Can't speak for what the show is like.
    Nelson
    1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
    https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
    https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

I probably will go to IA just cause it is an easier drive (may even take the motorcycle). I'm just checking to see if anyone feels strongly against IA in favor of OH. I do think OH would be good to go sometime but the wife and I did go to the Summit event in Norwalk a few weeks ago and my Chicago traffic limit has been surpassed for the year. The Summit show was my first dip into these type of events, it was small and rained but it was good to see some cool 2nd gen Camaros including the DSE car which I rode in for the Autocross and a couple from ridetech.

I've been to both and in my opinion it's worth the longer trip to go to Columbus.

Quote Originally Posted by g-machine View Post
    I've been to both and in my opinion it's worth the longer trip to go to Columbus.
    No fair... you did not have to drive thru Chicago to get to either. Nor deal with all those from Chicago going back home from Michigan on Sunday.

Speedtech will be at both. stop by the booth and check out the ExtReme second gen subframe!!
    Blake Foster
    www.speedtechperformance.com
    435-628-4300
    St. George Utah.
    it's always sunny here.

Des Moines is on my bucket list, but there is only one Columbus. Street Machine of The Year PLUS a really exciting Autocross Shootout. I mean hot rods running 11/10ths and whatever it takes to go rounds and win. Also the evening loitering at the host hotel is epic.
    /Steve

Ridetech.com
    Email: stevenATridetech.com

My PT Garage:
    https://www.pro-touring.com/dto_show...preview&g=1288

I go to both every year,
    favorite is Des Moines and after this year I think the better show is Des Moines the quality and quantity of cars is growing every year.
    Thall shall fear no amount of boost, For thy bottle is with me.......

We were supposed to do both, but staff scheduling prevented us from going to Iowa, but I'm flying out to Columbus this afternoon.

BMR SUSPENSION

813-986-9302 Phone
    813-986-8055 Fax
    tc@bmrsuspension.com
    www.BMRSuspension.com
    Like us on Facebook!