Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
      Country Flag: United States
      Haven't done much to the Ghost except drive the damn thing. Been a bit too busy and a bit too hot.

Picked up a cool keychain from Stangfreak87 that basically matches the car.

Got caught in a brief rainstorm coming back from the local weekly carshow, so now the car is technically clean for this weekend, Late Model Restoration is having a cruise-in at the drag strip in Ennis, TX.

Mister Project Bike Truck has been harassing me to put in the hot tune with all the boring stuff turned off, but I lack the motivation due to the shop being hot as heck all the time. One of these days though...
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

Damn straight let’s get this thing Tuned.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

It's not THAT hot, it can't be more than 114!

Good meeting you at LMR, we'll have to chill more next time.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Haven't been doing terribly a lot of with the car lately. It started idling funny and not wanting to hot restart. Tested the IAC and it failed resistance. Cryptic Father tested his spares and sent me two known good ones. I installed one of them and pulled the battery to reset idle. Didn't go through the rest of the typical fox factory idle reset. But my boy Chandler likes to play in "daddy's racecar" and talked me into starting it up. We then put his carseat in the back and took him for a ride. Car ran great, he thinks burnouts are amazing, and it even hot-restarted in a drive-through (had to shut it down to order, lol). So occasionally during this whole coronavirus thing we take it out to get some fresh air. He has a blast!

Name:  bG8LQegl.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  96.6 KB
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

Been working on small projects on the Ghost while I have some mandated stay at home time.

Hooked up the Innovate MTX-L Plus wideband to the now-unused EGR signal, meaning I can log the wideband in the tune. It runs decent but could use some AFR adjustments from what I've seen, so I'm excited to dive into that.

Also picked up a headlight/fog light switch from a buddy. My fox is an LX which means no fogs, but the wiring appears to be present both behind the dash and under the hood, so I have a switched 12v lead under the hood. Thinking about using it as an override for the fan or something like that.
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

Country Flag: Canada
      But does your ashtray stay closed and what about that interior light does it stay up? Lol
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Quote Originally Posted by frink84 View Post
      he thinks burnouts are amazing
      Sounds like my nephew, he loves burnouts! He knows which cars my brothers has that will do them and which can't and he hates riding in the turds that can't turn a tire. Great qualities for a three year old!

Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      But does your ashtray stay closed and what about that interior light does it stay up? Lol
      Hah I was so proud of my ashtray door! It broke as soon as I brought the car to Texas, I blame the humidity. I used one of the many fix-it kits out there to restore functionality.

The interior map light does work and stays up in its clip!
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

Got tired of staring at the MM MMCP-51 Clutch Cable, Quadrant, and Firewall Adjuster setup I had sitting on a shelf in the shop. Tore out the old aftermarket setup (Pacifica Performance I believe), and really hated what I had discovered younger me had done. The spacers to align the quadrant were a mishmash of hardware - including a hose washer! What the heck! Anyways, the new setup is in, no pictures because nothing is easy to photograph when installed. But I drove it today and the pedal effort is night-and-day in the best way. Light feel but great modulation. I consider it a must-do modification now.

Heres a shot of the old setup, you can see the very random washer assortment and the damage to the quadrant and firewall adjuster from that.
      Name:  IMG_20200624_220145.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  97.5 KB
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

Long time no post. Since my last update, we moved to the Prescott area of Arizona and have been loving it. I'm happy to be back in a place with excellent driving roads. Took the Ghost and my son Chandler for a 2-hour drive down Irons Springs Road through Skull Valley, then headed back up the mountain on 89 to Prescott. Fantastic curvy roads and the car and kid did great! Definitelly need to get the AC fixed as he doesn't like the windows being down.

Name:  PXL_20210117_224238273.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  377.8 KBName:  PXL_20210117_224359559.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  386.5 KB
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

My Fairlane has manual steering and the 89 heading back into Prescott gives me quite the workout.

What are the future plans for the mustang?
      My finished daily
      1966 Fairlane
      306 with 4R70W
      QA1 Coilovers,vintage air,

Current project
      1948 Ford F1
      Lexus SC400 IFS
      DOHC 4.6 with 4R70w

Quote Originally Posted by c91x View Post
      My Fairlane has manual steering and the 89 heading back into Prescott gives me quite the workout.

What are the future plans for the mustang?

I couldn't imagine doing 89 with manual steering, what a workout!

Near future plans are tires and working AC. I suppose I could work on paint and a non-cracked windshield, but it just works so I just want to drive it.

I have a torque arm setup sitting in the garage, and the exhaust needs to be redone for clearance for that, so those are the big items on the list.
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

Glad to see you're still out and about, and welcome to AZ! There's some pretty good roads up in the northern parts of the state, and getting out of the heat in the summer is a bonus.

Keep enjoying the car, I get jealous of seeing everybody else's cars out and about with mine torn apart all the time lol.
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

Long time no update, because there haven't been any updates. Was checking the date codes on the tires on my new project truck, and figured why not check the Mustang? Yeah, late 2012, meaning the tires are almost 9 years old now. Ooops. So the car has been sidelined until I can get new meats.

84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

Closing out this thread, I installed a new battery and windshield, then sold the car in July of '23. New project is still foxy though...
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

Very cool project!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6