Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      My first car was a 94 explorer and have always thought of getting another one to do this with. Glad to see I am not the only crazy person on here! Keep up the good work man!

My first car was a 94 Explorer and I have often thought about picking up another one and doing something like this to it. Glad to see I am not the only crazy person on here lol! Keep up the good work!

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Fordkid View Post

The front end got knuckles from a 95 to 97 ranger for dual piston calipers, new rotors, wheel bearings, new ball joints all around and 4°+/- camber adjustment bushings.

To bad that wasnt enough adjustment. My truck still looks like a mini truck with horrible camber. So I'm going to start saving my pennies and do the mustang ii front ifs with tubular control arms. Unfortunately there is not a lot of people who have done this and not a lot of information on the internet about doing it to the I beam ranger platform.

So even when I get the parts, I have to work up the brass ones to do it....
      Old timey front end shops can bend the axle beams to get you in the camber adjustment range you want, rather then spending big for an MII front end. Just a thought...
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Quote Originally Posted by bbalch404 View Post
      My first car was a 94 Explorer and I have often thought about picking up another one and doing something like this to it. Glad to see I am not the only crazy person on here lol! Keep up the good work!
      Thanks lol! This generation of small trucks built off the ranger were tough as nails and generally super reliable. Had not been for rust I probably would have gotten my 93 ranger to 300,000. I hit 264,000 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentyover View Post
      Old timey front end shops can bend the axle beams to get you in the camber adjustment range you want, rather then spending big for an MII front end. Just a thought...
      I appreciate the input. The problem with this platform is the front I beam suspension. Ive been compiling a mass amount notes to completely redo the suspension front to back.

Time to throw back some beers and get to work.

Passanger side step notch done, I will probably be able to finish the driver side in the next few days and then start boxing in the frame.

Most of the driver side firewall, I just have to form and weld the lower portion in and do a little filler work.

I also have fabbed up some simple brackets and made the mustang dash support a bolt on item.

I need to start saving money for the last portion of this particular job for a tubing bender. I want to have a tubed subframe for the fuel cell that is also part of the shock mounts.

So my initial idea of a round tubing subframe for the fuel cell went out the window when I realized how little space I really had.

al2br6

I think my next big bit of work will be cleaning up my garage and tools. It looks like a bomb went off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com