Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Headrests!

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Headrests!

I have noticed recently that a lot of guys are building some amazing looking rides, yet they frequently seem to be missing what I think is a crucial safety element; headrests.

A good number of years ago I purchased a Buick Reatta convertible for my wife's daily. In Little Rock, Arkansas I was rear-ended by a semi (long story that involved a dog, cars slamming on the brakes, cars changing lanes, and a semi driver who was apparently paying little attention to what was happening right in front of him). When he hit me, I was probably traveling around 30 or 40 mph. He was doing 70. My wife's new car was totaled. I survived, with my only real injuries being two herniated discs.

Today, those herniated discs (with impingement into my spinal column) cause frequent headaches, some so bad they last for 24-hours or more, with photophobia and vomiting.

But here's the thing; that car had headrests. I cannot imagine the damage to my neck had the car not had them. So why do so many run without them?
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com