Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Modern Classics Interior experiences?

Anyone here had any dealings with Mike at Modern Classics Interiors? Feeling like I am getting the run around. Impossible to reach anyone there.......
      My '67 Nova Build Thread http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...d.php?t=218954

'73 TA build. @projectarrowhead73

Country Flag: Canada
      I cant believe that folks still try to deal with these people ...

Steve
      Build it right ... 'The 2nd Time !!'
      69' SS/RS X11 PRO-TOURING E-Force LS7 - SOLD
      2 Custom FJ40's -SOLD
      Next - "Killer Piggy" & 77' 911 Hotrod

You will get your stuff but when is anyone’s guess. If you want to use their parts order them a year before you need them.

Beautiful well made parts when they finally arrive.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I was afraid this would be the case.... I ordered inner quarter panels for mini tubs. A bit pricey but seems like a great solution. Been quite a while. Parts are supposed to be done, and shipped. I get occasional replies but but they do t appear to be accurate. Now a waiting game. Not very professional.......

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      You will get your stuff but when is anyone’s guess. If you want to use their parts order them a year before you need them.

Beautiful well made parts when they finally arrive.

Don

Update. After a very long wait with little to no accurate info on the order status I finally received my inner rear panels. Unfortunately they don’t even fit. Direct interference with the inner tub. These were supposed to be a direct fit with the DSE mini tubs. Guess I’m going to be working on my fiberglass skills because I’m not about to mess with sending them back to Mike. My personal advice based on my experience would be to stay away from MCI.

Country Flag: Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
      Update. After a very long wait with little to no accurate info on the order status I finally received my inner rear panels. Unfortunately they don’t even fit. Direct interference with the inner tub. These were supposed to be a direct fit with the DSE mini tubs. Guess I’m going to be working on my fiberglass skills because I’m not about to mess with sending them back to Mike. My personal advice based on my experience would be to stay away from MCI.
      What was outcome, I had some ordered, then advised of fit issue and had to update mould, would let me know when ready, that was June 25th, at the time said be ready to ship July 2, so over 7 weeks later no word.

I got a quick reply, an invoice when I ordered, and when I put dispute with Paypal, as couldn't get shipping info. Other times is silence
      Roger Andrews

68 Camaro Convertible LS1 6 speed
      72 C10 Stepside 350 4L60e - oldskool
      71 K5 Blazer

For what its worth, i'm dealing with the same stuff as others have. if i'd only done a little research, this would not be happening. just filed a complaint with BBB. we'll see where that takes us. kinda like gomer pyle said , fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!!! and we wait....

I ordered a first gen. camaro door panel kit and a console. same story, parts are in finishing now. dummy me did not do any homework on this guy. parts should be boxed. ready to ship., blah. blah.. time will tell. it's evident that his parents did not teach him some basic manners. oh well. pitiful that the products are good, though.

After uncountable attempts to connect on my side with no reply I made the last post you see on here. I sent Mike a message stating the panels did not fit and how disappointed I was with the whole transaction. Mike then advised he would refund me. After approximately 2 months with again no response my lawyer sent him notification that we would pursue further legal action if we did hear from him in 7 days. Lo and behold on the 7th day I received a refund. At the time I contacted my lawyer there were 24 BBB complaints on file. If I had checked first I would not have even considered doing business with MCI. Buyer beware!

Fed Ex showed up just now with a decent sized box. I about fell over when I saw that the sender was_________ wait for it_________Modern Classics. My console has arrived.!!!! now for the door panels. to be continued??????????

big brown truck pulls up tuesday. good size box appears. lo and behold, the console arrives. now lets see about the door panels. tune in next week for another exiting episode!!!!!

Country Flag: Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
      After uncountable attempts to connect on my side with no reply I made the last post you see on here. I sent Mike a message stating the panels did not fit and how disappointed I was with the whole transaction. Mike then advised he would refund me. After approximately 2 months with again no response my lawyer sent him notification that we would pursue further legal action if we did hear from him in 7 days. Lo and behold on the 7th day I received a refund. At the time I contacted my lawyer there were 24 BBB complaints on file. If I had checked first I would not have even considered doing business with MCI. Buyer beware!
      So he didn't supply revised version of rear panels that fit the tubs?
      Roger Andrews

68 Camaro Convertible LS1 6 speed
      72 C10 Stepside 350 4L60e - oldskool
      71 K5 Blazer

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
      So he didn't supply revised version of rear panels that fit the tubs?
      From what it seemed I got his first attempt. He didn’t offer any revised panels. I was just glad to get my money back after months of extremely poor customer service.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com