Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Project Bike Truck Poor Touring

Post 1

This is my project. This Ranchero has a long history. It was bought brand new by my Grandfather in 1963 with a 170ci straight-6 and a C4 auto trans. It was “restored” after he passed away. My uncle owned and drove it for years. He was a professional cyclist, and would use it to haul his bikes. The plate says bike truck. I honor him by keeping it. Then one day out of the blue, he gave it to me. The only conditions were that I hot-rodded it and could never sell it, only pass it on to a family member.

I drove it for a couple years and, while working at a shop, agreed to bring it in and build it. I stripped it apart and it sat, and sat, and I moved so it had to get stored. Fast forward 7 years, I got married and bought a house. First thing that moved in was the Ranchero and I started working on it myself. The more I got into it the worse I found the original “restoration” was.

My wife, friends, and family all agreed that we should cut it up and go full crazy. So here we are.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com