Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      Looking good! Nice work
      Thanks I’m trying to make weekly progress. Hopefully start on the inside of the frame sections this weekend.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

For the record I hate miter cuts and math. Odd I know because I’m building a car and it’s all math. I got a new saw (http://www.evolutionpowertools.com/u...aws/evosaw380/) and wanted to try it out. This is not how I wanted it to go. It must have taken a good 15 Cut’s before the three cuts ended up correct. Oh well inside frame rails coming soon.
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Got a Sunday funday in the garage this past weekend. Spend some time getting the inner frame rails mocked up and tacked into place. Lots of hand fitting the pieces and still not super stoked on the fitment.

Learned again that old cars are so far out of square it’s scary. I’m looking at things and stressing out big time. The measurements are pretty damn close. I think .05 degrees is close enough.

They are only tacked because I’m going to add a Transmission and Torque Arm crossmember. I’m going to sleeve the bolts for the Transmission crossmember so it will all come apart at one time.

My understanding is that you try and build something as light as possible, I seam to be adding a lot of metal to the car. It maybe necessary stuff but it’s going to tip the scales on the heavy side for sure.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Country Flag: United States
      I'm curious about total weight with a different engine that I'm betting has more aluminum than what was in there stock, ta/watts rear vs leafs, aluminum wheels, minimal interior, etc.
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by frink84 View Post
      I'm curious about total weight with a different engine that I'm betting has more aluminum than what was in there stock, ta/watts rear vs leafs, aluminum wheels, minimal interior, etc.
      ahhhh yes I didn't think about it that way. I think the engine weight is an even deal. the cast iron block and head. I had been told they weight about the same.
      It will be interesting to corner scale the car and find out where we end up.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

I also started working on the crossmember but right as I got some rhythm I had to head back inside to help support the family.

I modified the transmission mount because best I can tell it was for a GM and I’m using a Ford T-5. I ordered it so long ago I figured I’d just modify it.

I made the tab for the crossmember to transmission mount and the side mounting plates. As I previously stated I’ll sleeve the bolt holes in the frame pieces, so the transmission crossmember can be removed for service.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

I like how you are building the rear suspension on this with the torque arm. I've thought that was the best way to update an older leaf-spring car, and that Chassisworks stuff sure looks like nice hardware to use for the build. Looking forward to watching this progress.

Quote Originally Posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
      I like how you are building the rear suspension on this with the torque arm. I've thought that was the best way to update an older leaf-spring car, and that Chassisworks stuff sure looks like nice hardware to use for the build. Looking forward to watching this progress.
      thanks! I will try and keep the updates coming.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

I have been searching for some simple parts for the steering after the coil over conversion. I had been looking for a while with no success then, out of nowhere, I stumbled across Opentracker racing products (http://opentrackerracing.com/). I sent an email to John and we struck up a killer email chain. His customer service was amazing (a lost art these days) and he provided so much info and help to distill my problems. They were so minor it wasn’t funny.

After talking back and forth I figured I’d ask if he was interested in sponsoring the project. And what do you know, he was excited to get involved!

Being that he had everything I needed, I made a order right away. I picked up a new 16:1 steering box(mine was 19:1) I got the “Cobra” quick steer kit and the center link I was missing. All these parts are the “roller” set ups so they are all bearings instead of bushings.

If you are a vintage Ford guy, reach out and talk to John he will have you covered and let him know Project Bike Truck sent you over. Visit the website at http://opentrackerracing.com/
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

I have been searching for some simple parts for the steering after the coil over conversion. I had been looking for a while with no success then, out of nowhere, I stumbled across Opentracker racing products (http://opentrackerracing.com/). I sent an email to John and we struck up a killer email chain. His customer service was amazing (a lost art these days) and he provided so much info and help to distill my problems. They were so minor it wasn’t funny.

After talking back and forth I figured I’d ask if he was interested in sponsoring the project. And what do you know, he was excited to get involved!

Being that he had everything I needed, I made a order right away. I picked up a new 16:1 steering box(mine was 19:1) I got the “Cobra” quick steer kit and the center link I was missing. All these parts are the “roller” set ups so they are all bearings instead of bushings. Included in my kit were some “Trans Am” shock tower stiffening braces to weld into my shock towers. If anyone knows, us Falcon guys could use all the shock tower help we can get.

If you are a vintage Ford guy, reach out and talk to John. He will get you covered. Let him know Project Bike Truck sent you over. Visit the website at http://opentrackerracing.com/
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

One big post

As the deadline for a rolling Biketruck approaches, (10/5, the date of the company car show I put on) I have been frantically thrashing away to get stuff completed. I welded in the inner frame rails and the transmission mount. I sleeved the transmission mount with some ⅝ x ⅜ id tubing to not crush the frame. I was floored when the transmission mount bolted right up.

I went ahead and got the Torque Arm mounted as well. I hand-cut the tabs for the TA. That was a little time consuming. I went ahead and welded every inside and outside edge I could. The worst part of welding the crossmember in the car was the outlet I have to use to be close to the car kept popping the circuit breaker. All the other outlets I can weld as much as I like. So my welds are a bit uglier than normal.

I often wake up at about 1am with a thought or idea, most of the time its just anxiety. I woke up the other morning with a great idea to make some gussets out of 2x3 to tie the front inner frame to the original frame. Should be pretty rad and strong as hell, and I will add the same style gussets to a couple other parts of the frame.

Thanks for following this build thread!

Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Curious on the torque arm. I know its probably still mocked up, but will you be installing it with the grease fitting pointed down, or will there be an access panel to keep it lubricated?
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by frink84 View Post
      Curious on the torque arm. I know its probably still mocked up, but will you be installing it with the grease fitting pointed down, or will there be an access panel to keep it lubricated?
      So many things here. The one on the arm itself is pointing up. I figured the TA and drive shaft would be accessible from the bottom. But now you're getting the Wheels spinning and thinking i could make an access panel on the side of the transmission tunnel on the passenger side to work on the driveshaft and the TA. Dang thanks!
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Such a cool build! It was great talking to you last night! Number one follower!
      64 Mercury Comet
      408w boosted
      More boost on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by injcted View Post
      Such a cool build! It was great talking to you last night! Number one follower!
      Thanks! The best part of this site is finding people and finding people that like and respect your work.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Quote Originally Posted by Project Bike Truck View Post
      Thanks! The best part of this site is finding people and finding people that like and respect your work.
      Hell yeah! Cant wait to see it fully built!
      64 Mercury Comet
      408w boosted
      More boost on the way!

Looking good man! Quality work
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      Looking good man! Quality work
      Thanks, I am trying my hardest do the best I can. Seeing your build and getting that feedback makes me stoked.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Name:  IMG_1598.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  130.5 KB

I figured I would get a little personal today. It’s my daughter Daphne Elisabeth’s birthday today. We have survived one year.

I have set a lot of goals on my project and they all get trumped by this little red head.

I was trying to make it to my company car show as a roller and it’s not even going to happen. Not trying to rush the car. Time is going fast enough as it is. Name:  IMG_1578.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  105.0 KB

And another project I have been working on is my #dadvan. It’s an EcoBoost 1.6l. I have installed some lowering springs from across the pond and ST 18’s on Falken Azenis. It’s quite a awesome little van.
      Name:  IMG_2719.jpeg
Views: 690
Size:  671.5 KBName:  IMG_0477.JPG
Views: 692
Size:  579.0 KB
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

start a build thread for the dad van!

84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion