Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
      Not to hijack, but what made you relocate to the rust belt? lol...you're about 45 min/hour away from me.
      Congrats on the new addition!

Jay

Thanks! It wasn't for the weather, the mountains, or the abundant classic cars! My employer, Toyota, moved me and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by neongreen View Post
      Thanks! It wasn't for the weather, the mountains, or the abundant classic cars! My employer, Toyota, moved me and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
      At least we have weather. lol...My favorite things about Michigan are the liberal laws regarding modified cars and the fact I don't have to run a front license plate.
      Coming out to the Woodward Dream Cruise?

Jay

At least we have weather. lol...My favorite things about Michigan are the liberal laws regarding modified cars and the fact I don't have to run a front license plate.
      Coming out to the Woodward Dream Cruise?

Jay

Haha too true, I'm not from CA, but my wife is and I always joke that Southern California does not have weather. My car won't make it out this year, maybe next...

Anyway, back to the original topic. What kind of power upgrades is the bike truck going to get?

Yep, that's me! Moved from Long Beach, CA to Ann Arbor, MI. It's been a busy year. Moved, remodeled a house, and two weeks ago welcomed a baby boy into the family. With all that going on, the Falcon has not had much love. Hopefully by the end of the summer I can get back to her.
      Super aweosme congrats on the family stoked for you. We have a 8.5 month old it has changed things and stalled the project a bit. Not going to lie my daughter is the best thing ever.

Haha too true, I'm not from CA, but my wife is and I always joke that Southern California does not have weather. My car won't make it out this year, maybe next...

Anyway, back to the original topic. What kind of power upgrades is the bike truck going to get?
      Hijacker! All good.

It’s going to get a fully built head, boport most likely and a killer bottom end. Needs a good turbo manifold made to fit with how far back the engine is, it right now will have Mega Squirt and a t-5 transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Bike Truck View Post
      Hijacker! All good.

It’s going to get a fully built head, boport most likely and a killer bottom end. Needs a good turbo manifold made to fit with how far back the engine is, it right now will have Mega Squirt and a t-5 transmission.
      Well I'll be selling all my stuff off to fund the new engine swap, so let me know if you are interested.

Do tell what you are selling. Not saying I’ll jump on it but I’m sure there is some stuff I could pick up.

[email protected]

Love the wheels, always appreciated another falcon on here. Maybe we'll have to go for a cruise when you get it done.
      1963 Ford Falcon
      -331 Stroker Motor 450hp, 2700lbs
      2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

Quote Originally Posted by NorthFalcon View Post
      Love the wheels, always appreciated another falcon on here. Maybe we'll have to go for a cruise when you get it done.
      I can’t wait till it’s time to cruise, I’m trying hard to catch up on building and make progress.

I learned some things. When you have your car super high off the ground to make it so you don’t have to bend over to work on it. It’s nearly impossible to get the engine over the core support. Your neighbors will come out and offer to help because they are worried about all the noise and cussing. The engine had to get moved a bit and and the angle changed after talking with Ron Sutton and Dave Hanson. Thanks to them; there have been many on the road phone calls, text messages, and emails helping order parts and set up the chassis. It was a setback (punny!) for sure but in the name of handling, it was worth it.

Trying to get everyone caught up on the build.

Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

Why is it called Bike Truck? Did I miss the explanation?

Jay

Why is it called Bike Truck? Did I miss the explanation?

Jay
      Sorry no I never said that part. It was my uncles and he was a professional cyclist and would use it to haul his bikes. The plate says bike truck. I honor him by keeping it.

So y’all are basically caught up to where I am. I’m working on the watts link and torque arm for Father’s Day weekend. The rear control arms are my own design, the watts consists of a pumpkin mount cast-off from a friend, the rest I’m building. I’m not sure if i will keep the square tube lower links. The Chris Alston’s Chassisworks G-Link Torque Arm will be custom-mounted and adapted to the car. Hope to have that and the rear anti roll bar/rear shock mount area done this weekend. Then I can start on the fuel cell and its area.

Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Whack part of that cowl for another four inches or so of rearwardness--it'll give you lots more unsociable turbo room (allows low mounting). battery goes behind passenger in that rust-hole bed area. Weight distribution will be greatly improved. You've probably already welded . . .

I'm jealous of that pristine front bumper!

Quote Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
      Whack part of that cowl for another four inches or so of rearwardness--it'll give you lots more unsociable turbo room (allows low mounting). battery goes behind passenger in that rust-hole bed area. Weight distribution will be greatly improved. You've probably already welded . . .

I'm jealous of that pristine front bumper!
      The engine is about as far back as I would like. It’s in the way of the steering box as it is. I will have to get creative with the engine mounts. The battery will for sure go back in the old rusted out area behind the passenger area. Bummer the rear bumper has a dent. I might be brave and section them in and closer to the car later.

What area have I possibly already welded?

Thanks for the support and advice. I dig it.

I never addressed the front suspension. 8 years ago I got the Total Control Products front end kit. While the car was in hiding torn apart, the parts where hanging out in my closet waiting for the day they were to be seen again. I got the Wilwood Dyna-Lite front brakes with 12 inch rotors set up and the 1970 Ford forged front spindle set. I’m running VariShock double adjustable coil-overs on all four corners of the car.

Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

This one looks every bit as nice in person as it does in this thread. Awesome work. Cool to see you on here too man!
      CAM-T Autocross Fox Mustang
      LX mustang autocross on the "cheap"...
      1953 PickEmUp
      1953 Chev Pickemup

Glad to see another 2.3L here (mines not a Ford though)! Will be following. I may have missed it but what size turbo are you going to run?
      1970 VW Bug - Just your average mid engine Bug
      Track toy - 06 Evo - E85 and lots of boost
      Newest track toy - 2021 Supra

Who's watts link is that?
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      Who's watts link is that?
      I'm not even sure, to be honest, it was on friends Auto X car. the only thing I used is the pumpkin cover and pivot. I could reach out and contact him if need be?
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com