Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Is This Temp OK?

I was reading some other threads and decided not to hijack any of them with my question.
      My Camaro has a 383 stroker with 6 speed. Last weekend I took it for a ride and saw that my temp was hovering around 210*. It's always ran at 200*. My thermostat opens at 185*. Is the 210 temp edging toward the too hot side? Or is it ok to run at this temp? Electric fan is running fine, nothing has changed from last year.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Country Flag: Wales
      Newer car usually run a 195* thermostat and the cars run at 210* as long as it didn’t go any higher I would say its okay. The other day we had a big block second gen come in the shop. The customer explained he had done everything he could thing of to get his car to run cooler. New radiator new thermostat several times, new water pump, switch from fan clutch to electrical fan, still could not get the car to run cool. I brought out our ratech temp reader, and found out the gauge was faulty. Good luck
      ''Courage is being scared to death
      - But saddling up anyway''.......John Wayne...

Anthony

Country Flag: United States
      similar problem on a blown BBC camaro. The temp sensor was installed with an adapter that pulled it out of the coolant stream above a header tube.

Verify your temp with a thermal gun if you have one.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com