Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Just had some one ask about the ridetech 4 link upgrade kit, they are not on ridetechs site

Name:  4 link update.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  47.5 KB

(LINKY)

Ridetech 4 link roll center update kit, single adjustable upper bar, with two R-JOINTS that kit is 350

Name:  IMG_0401-e1527790872391 (1).jpg
Views: 662
Size:  52.4 KB

(LINKY)

Ridetech 4 link roll center update kit, double adjustable upper bar, with four r-joints included this kit is 450

I do 10% off on these and free ship for PT members you can call me at the shop or if your ordering thru the web use code (protour10) thats10% on 300 dollar and up orders

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Any idea if/when they will release a 2nd Gen F body kit? Is it needed on their 2nd gen kit?
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

You can upgrade to R joints pretty easily.

There is no upgrade kit to fix the geometry on the 2nd gen 4 link and there will not be. The newer four link for the 2nd gens is light years ahead of the old one in every single way. I have had both on the same car.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

I have the OLD airbar (circa 2008) in my car. I cannot use the kit Rodney is showing. I have driven it for several years and just upgraded to R Joints. Man, what a difference. Yes, it is expensive but this hobby isn’t cheap. I am at a point where I need to change my housing. I have the old upper bar configuration. I really want a new housing, powder coated and ready to go. No one sells a bolt in ready to go one. I am at a point where I either need to change my cradle (to the newer style) and rear or this gives me the excuse to start looking at DSE stuff like I have always wanted. Decisions, decisions.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
      You can upgrade to R joints pretty easily.

There is no upgrade kit to fix the geometry on the 2nd gen 4 link and there will not be. The newer four link for the 2nd gens is light years ahead of the old one in every single way. I have had both on the same car.

I bought my 2nd gen about 3 years ago. When did the revised four link come out? If I have the old design, wht parts need to be updated to get the better geometry?

Already sprung for the R joints
      Greg Fast

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino

https://www.ridetech.com/product/bol...maro-firebird/ Does it look like this?

Yes? You have the new one and you are good to go.

No? None of the parts are the same, there is no upgrade.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Bummer. Looks like I'm screwed. The kit I have has the U shaped interior crossmember :(

What I think I'm kind of learning here is when you are on a limited budget don't be an early adopter.

And more fundamentally- When I got into this you could put together a pretty cutting edge car for the cost of a new car. The budget for a modern Pro Touring car looks to me to have about doubled the cost of a new car (well, at least any that I can afford.) The technology, along with the cost, has escalated. The cars are better, but the price tag is also getting painful. This is not a complaint, more an observation. I think I need to rack back my expectations of what I can do, becoming a Resto-Mod guy rather than a Pro- Touring guy. Buy last years technology tomorrow. And retiring (and the spousal unit's request) has certainly not afforded me the available cash to spend on non-essentials.

OK, rant over.

No hard feelings w/ Ride-Tech- They improved their product and deserve kudos for doing that. Just a bummer for me.

mo' later
      Greg Fast

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino

I'm assuming since I purchased my ridetech 4 link about '14 or '15 that I have the old geometry. I was already going to purchase the R-Joints, even though my builder and I have already replaced all 4 connections with heavy duty heim joints a few years ago, but I have still not driven the car as this project has taken a lot longer than I would like, but what project doesn't..... So I want to make sure I need the relocation brackets for the most recent geometry? I'd like to order everything necessary to update since I was already going to do the R-Joints. Any help would be great?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      Just had some one ask about the ridetech 4 link upgrade kit, they are not on ridetechs site

Name:  4 link update.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  47.5 KB

(LINKY)

Ridetech 4 link roll center update kit, single adjustable upper bar, with two R-JOINTS that kit is 350

Name:  IMG_0401-e1527790872391 (1).jpg
Views: 662
Size:  52.4 KB

(LINKY)

Ridetech 4 link roll center update kit, double adjustable upper bar, with four r-joints included this kit is 450

I do 10% off on these and free ship for PT members you can call me at the shop or if your ordering thru the web use code (protour10) thats10% on 300 dollar and up orders

NativeFx, the upper bar configuration will tell you whether you have the new or old style. The old style bars are outboard (cradle) to inboard on the rear housing. The newer style are inboard (on the cradle) to outboard on the rear housing. I talked to a couple of guys at ridetech about switching and they told me that the upgrade will give you improved roll center. You wouldn’t know hardly any difference on the street and mostly some benefit on the track. The R-joints were a HUGE improvement compared to the old style heim joints I got with my original kit.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

I'll jump back in on this thread. I have been running the ridetech 4 link since 2016 (with both the stock, ridetech equipped, subframe and now with the Art Morrison front sub).

I've always thought the 4 link worked well, but my biggest complaint was traction out of a corner (especially since I upgraded to an LS7). I swapped over to the new design with updated geometry at the beginning of the year, and it's a night and day difference on corner exit. In fact, I picked up a push coming out of corners (which was solved with some spring rate and swaybar adjustments).

The car does seem a little more darty and unsettled in high speed sweepers when I modulate the throttle though. Like the traction is dramatically shifting from the rear to the front when I let off of the throttle. But I think that's the tradeoff for increased anti-squat.

Overall, I'm very happy with the new design. Especially since I wasn't expecting a large improvement. Again, it did take some adjustment to get the car dialed in again once I made the change.

I would definitely recommend the retrofit kit to anyone who is racing their car using the old Ridetech 4 link.

Plus, it now picks up the front tire on corner exit!

Name:  usca-ppir-2020-5 (35 of 206).JPG
Views: 504
Size:  427.6 KB
      1969 Camaro - LS7/T56 - Art Morrison Front Suspension/Ridetech Coilovers
      Instagram: @rbreezee88

I've been watching this thread for quite a while now and was hoping that ridetech would add this update to other cars that could use it. I have a 1970 third gen Nova that I autocross and could really use the extra grip this update provides. If there isn't a kit for the Nova I'm seriously thinking of building my own or adapting this one for the Camaro over to my car. At the very least the Johnny Joints look like an improvement worth investing in. Any thoughts from some of you guys on adapting the kit to my car?

Mike

Just finished installing the kit in my 70 Nova today, it was very easy and turned out just fine. The floor is contoured a little different than the first gen F body’s. The bracket definitely sits differently but all I did was shim behind the bracket so that it rests against the body. Love the Roto joints, ridetech did it again!
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks for the information Probird. I was wondering about the forward attachment points and if they were raised or lowered and from your pictures they look to be the same elevation as the old points, good news. I'm going to order this kit for my Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by mbheinz View Post
      Thanks for the information Probird. I was wondering about the forward attachment points and if they were raised or lowered and from your pictures they look to be the same elevation as the old points, good news. I'm going to order this kit for my Nova.

From what I can tell it does seem to have slightly more anti squat built into it but I have not verified that. The mounting tabs on the rear end seem to be slightly higher bit maybe I’m wrong. I don’t understand why the pictures uploaded upside down.lol

I would prefer having ridetech do all the homework and development on this and I just install it. That's why I was hoping someone else tried it on the same gen Nova. Thanks Ryanater and Probird for your input. My closest autocross is 130 miles away and that's too far for me to find out there's too much or not enough antisquat. I'm good at spring/shock and sway bar changes to make the car work but geometry and pick up points I'll leave to the smart people. Lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com