Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

San Diego - shop to get my car going again

Hi all,
      My ‘67 Camaro is inop at the moment with a fresh motor that needs to be checked over before firing up, a new 5-speed that needs installing, a new Painless wiring kit to replace the stock stuff, as well as numerous other small engine and electrical related things. Doesn’t need body, paint, interior, or chassis/suspension work at this time.
      Who would be the recommended go-to these days? Even though I don’t need any crazy custom things done at this time, kinda would prefer that sort of shop, one who does quality work. I just don’t have the time to get it going again.
      Thanks,
      Jason

Country Flag: United States
      Try Rockstar Ridez in Chula Vista. They painted my 1967 cougar. The also do swaps (coyote, LS, t56, TKO, etc).

http://www.rockstarridez.com/about/
      Robert Icasas

Projects:
      67 Cougar
      Art Morrison Sport IFS
      3-link Rear Suspension
      Coyote w/ D&D Performance Viper t56

Appreciate the suggestion Robert. Anybody else in the area to second the recommendation, or have one of their own? Finding it tough to research for this sort of thing through regular channels (Yelp, etc.) especially as I’m looking for very high quality work. Thanks!,

Jason, there is also Best of Show Coachworks in Escondido. They are a sponsor here. You can find a link to their site to the right from the list of vendors.
      Robert Icasas

Projects:
      67 Cougar
      Art Morrison Sport IFS
      3-link Rear Suspension
      Coyote w/ D&D Performance Viper t56

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad68cat View Post
      Jason, there is also Best of Show Coachworks in Escondido. They are a sponsor here. You can find a link to their site to the right from the list of vendors.
      I second BOS. I've had them do work on my own car.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Thanks guys, I'll give them a call.

Congrats on the win at Crows Chad, smokin' times! Props too, for driving the car all the way there. You passed me as I was towing up 5 on Friday.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com