Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Norway

Good wreckers/salvage yards in Florida?

Hi guys,

just a member from Europe here - I'll be heading over to Florida in February (11th to 23rd) on vacation, and want to stop by some wreckingyards when over here.

I need to know where the good ones are, IF there are any good ones there? It/they must have cars from the 60's, and 70's, as I and the ones I travel with need various parts from those years. (Like '68 Impala, 2nd gen F-body's, '75-'79 Nova/Ventura pedals for manual trans, etc)

My family has an appartment in North Palm Beach, which will be our base over there. We have tickets to the Daytona 500, so we're really looking forward to that (first time watching Nascar IRL)

usedwreckingyards.com I've found some places close by on this page, but all seem to be specializing in late model cars. (There are some exceptions of course)

Anyone in FL that has suggestions?
      Thanks, Christian (@v8power.net)
      '77 Caprice
      '71 Chevelle Nomad - Perfect for roadtrips!

I'm from the Tampa/St. Pete area (opposite side of the state from Daytona), and I can vouch for several very decent u-pull-it yards in that area. They used to be called Copher Brothers, but they were bought out a couple years ago by one of the big salvage yard management companies. Unfortunately, prices went up with the change of ownership, but stuff is still very cheap compared to eBay or swap meets. Heck, I got a set of mint leather bucket seats last year for a whole $25. For the pair. Gotta love that kind of price.

Country Flag: United States
      Eastside near Orlando is all newer cars, it seems all the older cars are disappearing, Frank might know of a couple,
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

cophers used to be the place to go on the 4th of july when they ran their 29.99 all you can pull and carry. you'd be surprised what my 16 year old self walked outta there with strapped to my back and my neck, and legs...and anything else we could attatch something too. got a complete monte ss nose and rearend with 3.73 posi one time. 30 bucks on the all you can carry for everything. unfortunately like buddha said, they got bought out and that deal went out the window. still fun to walk around there now though.
      Tough guys may wear pink, but Bad Asses still wear black.

Thanks a lot guys! This gives me some things to look into...

I've found about 10 local places (Near zip 33408, and phone 561-xxx+) that must be checked out.

One place that got my interest is this: Old Gold Cars :
      OLD GOLD CARS
      WE SPECIALIZE IN PARTING OUT CARS AND TRUCKS THERE ARE PROJECT CARS AVAILABLE
      City, State: Old Town, Florida USA
      Local Phone: 352-542-8085
      Toll Free: 800-736-0262
      Fax: 352-542-8978
      Email: [email protected]

They seemed to have a lot from the 50's-60's-70's. The only Old Town I have heard about before, is outside Orlando. I don't know every zip or phone number location in FL, but am I on the right track?
      '77 Caprice

Yeah, I think it's the same Old Town near Orlando. They look like they've got a nice assortment, so you just have to wonder about turnover. Otherwise, they may just be a bunch of picked over hulls.

Quote Originally Posted by dgumoe
      cophers used to be the place to go on the 4th of july when they ran their 29.99 all you can pull and carry. you'd be surprised what my 16 year old self walked outta there with strapped to my back and my neck, and legs...and anything else we could attatch something too. got a complete monte ss nose and rearend with 3.73 posi one time. 30 bucks on the all you can carry for everything. unfortunately like buddha said, they got bought out and that deal went out the window. still fun to walk around there now though.
      My father is a hardcore u-pull-it guy and we did huge hauls on the All-You-Can-Carry days... one year we helped load a complete 350 with TPI from an early '90s Formula on a guy's back and watched him walk the 30 feet to the line. Crazy!!! I just hope the hernia surgery was worth it...

Hmmm! I found one "Cophers" in Tampa, one in St. Petersburg, one in Clearwater, and one in Bradenton... I guess you mean one of the Tampa/St.Petersburg ones?

St.Petersburg... That's amusing - I've been to St.Petersburg, only in Russia (Former Leningrad). I've been in Orlando, and along the east coast from Cape Canaveral to Key West in two earlier trips to FL. This time I'm going to the west coast as well!
      '77 Caprice

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy350 View Post
      Thanks a lot guys! This gives me some things to look into...

I've found about 10 local places (Near zip 33408, and phone 561-xxx+) that must be checked out.

One place that got my interest is this: Old Gold Cars :
      OLD GOLD CARS
      WE SPECIALIZE IN PARTING OUT CARS AND TRUCKS THERE ARE PROJECT CARS AVAILABLE
      City, State: Old Town, Florida USA
      Local Phone: 352-542-8085
      Toll Free: 800-736-0262
      Fax: 352-542-8978
      Email: [email protected]

They seemed to have a lot from the 50's-60's-70's. The only Old Town I have heard about before, is outside Orlando. I don't know every zip or phone number location in FL, but am I on the right track?
      not close to Orlando

Thread cleaned up. Our alien visitors have been banned. Please notify the moderators rather than posting responses in the thread itself and we'll get it fixed right away.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Also if you can handle delivery destinations lkqonline.com can source some much needed mechanicals and the engines and trans tend to have warranty. also if you have local zipcode for area try car-part.com use zip and distance to get you specific parts at specific yards and generally numbers too.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com