Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Rim ideas for a no track car

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  90.0 KBI am building a 69 FB Conv that will never see the track an would like rims with a pro touring look, I simply do not need race wheels. If it takes Forgelines to get the look I like so be it. Just wondering what others have found.

Depends on what you mean by "look." A good compromise in style and performance are the rotary forged wheels like Foregstar. They offer many backspacing options however, they will not offer a super deep dish with shallow backspacing that some people want on the rear of their muscle car.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Funny liked the deep dish look in high school circa 1980 haha but not now 3 inch or less deep probably.

The wheels in your rendering are US Mags Ramblers - why not go with those? They are priced very reasonably and available in a good variety of sizes and colors (chrome, gray, black).

http://us-mags.com/rambler-u111-w-6133.htm

With gray centers, 18x8's are $200 and 18x9.5's are $210, in stock at Summit. Several people on here are running them and I've heard good things.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...1&N=4294920350

Quote Originally Posted by stab6902 View Post
      The wheels in your rendering are US Mags Ramblers - why not go with those? They are priced very reasonably and available in a good variety of sizes and colors (chrome, gray, black).

http://us-mags.com/rambler-u111-w-6133.htm

With gray centers, 18x8's are $200 and 18x9.5's are $210, in stock at Summit. Several people on here are running them and I've heard good things.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...1&N=4294920350
      Can confirm good things. I run them on my Monte Carlo SS.

1 piece wheels are cheap, in every way, compared to 3 piece wheels. You can't order custom back spacing on them, as they're cast.

2 piece wheels are not as bad of price, but the centers are often made in China and welded to a rim shell in the US - the center can be moved to change back spacing to what your car needs.

3 piece wheels are totally customizable and usually made and finished in the US. They are much more expensive, but worth it.

Here's some options for cheap ones:
      US Mags
      Foose
      American Racing
      XXR
      Rocket Racing wheels
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Billet Specialties Concave Pro Touring Wheels

Billet Specialties Concave Pro Touring Series of wheels are not only aggressively styled, they are incredibly light. Choose from six available styles and two concave center profiles in Concave Shallow and Concave Deep for the ultimate in stagger and stance. Our bolt pads feature relief cuts to shed weight from the wheel while providing ample caliper clearance up to 1.75”. Even more weight savings! Without the penalty of fasteners or rim flanges our two-piece welded construction saves even more weight over a three piece wheel. 18X8 wheels weigh in as little as 18.5 lbs! Available in 18, 19 and 20” diameters and multiple bolt patterns get a set for you cone killing machine now!
      Made in USA

Name:  GTR-F-01.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  165.9 KB
      GTR

Name:  HYDRO-F-01.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  157.8 KB
      Hydro

Name:  CAMBER-F-01.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  157.9 KB
      Camber

Name:  TOPLOADER-F.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  124.1 KB
      Toploader

Name:  RAZOR-F.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  162.7 KB
      Razor

Name:  WEDGE-F2.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  155.6 KB
      Wedge

Billet Specialties Concave Pro Touring Freeway

I went with Billet Specialties
      Attached Images Attached Images  

There is a great deal on a pair of Rushforth wheels in the for sale section. Just sayin

Personally I went with Boze 3 piece and couldn't be happier - they are a piece of art! I needed custom backspacing for mine and by the looks of your rendering you will too.
      '68 Chevy Camaro Pro-tour ~ project DMENTD
      '57 Chevy 3100 Pro-tour pickup ~ under construction

Quote Originally Posted by 65 drop top View Post
      I went with Billet Specialties
      Looks great

Thats a blondes .brunettes and red heads idea.and just how deep are your pockets.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com