Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Advice needed regarding thermostat for LS3

If anyone out there has advice and experience on thermostats for LS3's, I can use some help. I have an Edelbrock water pump that when installed stated I needed a GM#12600172 thermostat. This thermostat (185 degree), comes as a 2-piece unit meaning it's the thermostat and the housing. My engine is running warmer than I would like (up to 210 on cool days), so I'm concerned when summer comes here in California. I have a large radiator from Autorad with twin electric fans so should have plenty of cooling ability. I'm not sure what the fans are set at in the ECM but will check when the car gets tuned again this coming week. (I believe they are coming on at 190, if not, I will have them set at 190 unless otherwise suggested).
      My real question is; does anyone have a part number (and manufacturer), for a 180 "high flow" thermostat that is a direct replacement for my GM thermostat? And yes, I did contact Edelbrock but they were no help. I'm trying to get a response from Mr Gasket and/or Lingenfelter but no response yet. Thanks a lot!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com