Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

1984 "Rustang" GT (Slow Build)

Hello everyone!

I'm going to start this off by saying this will probably be one of the slower builds on this website. I've been out of school less than 2 years, and have done many things that eat up money like buying a house, new cars, etc... As a result, I don't have as many funds to devote to this project as I would like at the moment. However, this has also dictated the way I am building this car, and I'm confident that given my education and abilities I will be able to make a good performing vehicle. While this is a budget build right now, i will not skimp on safety items, and as more funds become available the project will improve.

Now, some background on the car. It is a 1984 Mustang GT, 5 Speed with T Tops! A friend of my dads bought this car back in in 1986 when it was only 2 years only and had about 20k miles on it. He was in school at the time, and he drove it for the next 9 years and put about 100k on the clock. In 1995 or 1996, he stopped driving the car because it was difficult and expensive to find tires for it (I'll explain later), so he parked the car and got something else to replace it. The car then proceeded to sit outside for the next 21 years in the Arizona sun, and the results are predictable.

20160827_075050 by Nelson Wallace, on Flickr

20160827_075156 by Nelson Wallace, on Flickr

This is slightly sad, because the car was in good running shape when it was parked, if it had only been in a garage it would look great! Anyways, I was offered the car for cheap and couldn't say no since I was in the market for a project of some kind. $1000 later, I was the proud new owner of what my co-worker dubbed "The Rustang".

20160828_175303 by Nelson Wallace, on Flickr

20160828_175311 by Nelson Wallace, on Flickr

20160828_175333 by Nelson Wallace, on Flickr

20160828_175336 by Nelson Wallace, on Flickr

20160828_175348 by Nelson Wallace, on Flickr

And thus, the project began.

In my next posts I will be recapping what has been done to the car in the past 1.5 years since I bought it. Once I'm caught up to present I will be posting as things happen!

Thanks for checking it out!
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com