Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Vent mods to my Rick's tank.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

Quote Originally Posted by Motobrewmaster View Post
      Vent mods to my Rick's tank.
      For some reason I cannot see that image full size. Did you modify the tank yourself, or did Rick's do this for you?
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

70 Camaro RS Hunk'o'Metal - Previous Project
      71 Firebird Project T.O.W. - New Project

I modified it myself. Uploaded a better pic so you can see better.
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

Thanx for the better picture. Did Rick's do any venting, or did you weld on the bungs at the 2 corners in the bottom of your picture?

Are you routing exhaust down those areas? Mine is tight there, so it would be a tight fit the way you have run yours.
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

70 Camaro RS Hunk'o'Metal - Previous Project
      71 Firebird Project T.O.W. - New Project

Here is a better picture so you can see the placement of the bungs. I can't comment on your exhaust routing but it would be up out of the way on my application. That said I have a four link and sway bar in the mess up there too. Exhaust routing sucks for me no matter what I do.

Curious why you added the corner vents. I would have thought the filler neck would be adequate along with the vent in the rear of the tank.

Edit: Ok looks like the corners are higher. Makes sense.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Btw, my leak ended up just being a pin hole in the weld around the pump.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Bringing this thread back up because Motobrewmaster has already addressed my question with his tank venting method as shown in the pictures he has posted. How has that venting work out for you Motobrewmaster? I also have a Ricks tank with the vent port in the front of the tank like yours. And I’m considering adding two new vent ports like you did and plugging the supplied port. However I have room to weld my ports in the top of the tank right above where you added yours. I have notched corners in the trunk of my 67 Camaro and my exhaust is far enough out of the way to allow me to vent from the top of the tank and tie the vents together like you have all with -6an hard tube. Then plumb up to a II much VSB vent mounted on top of the DSE shock bulkhead. However running vent tube over to the filler neck like you have done is a little different for me on a 67 without exposed plumbing in the trunk and property draining back to the tank.
      So my question is do you think your setup would still work as good if you didn’t have the vent on the filler neck?
      also I’m assuming you are using a non vented gas cap with your setup, is that correct?
      If anyone else wants to chime in with how they have addressed their tank venting issues that may be helpful as well as I know others have struggled with this whole tank venting issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com