Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

looking for rotisserie reviews

I'm looking to buy a rotisserie in the next few months. My dad was talking about one he copied out of a hot rod magazine 20 years ago, but it's biggest problem was balance. Plus what I would have in material and time, it doesn't really make sense to build one. I want to make sure that the one I buy is super balanced, and puts minimal force on the body. The two I'm mainly looking are:

https://www.adktool.com/commercial-s...otisserie.html

and

http://www.whirlyjig.com/Default.htm

There's things I like about both of them, and things I don't like. I like the pin lock, the two long running connectors, c channel locks, and the position of the hydraulic ram on the whirly jig. However the adk tool looks like it has a much higher attention to detail, will deliver for super cheap to my house, and I can add the pin lock on myself with my mill and welder. If anybody has experience with either(or any), or things to look out for on a rotisserie let me know.
      67 Camaro CAM/C-prepared autocross Project
      72 Nova Street/Drag Car Project

I have a Roto2000 and it works great. I know its not the two in question but they claim it supports up to 5000lbs.

Summit racing has "their "brand of auto twirler and it's priced fair as well. I like the construction and attention to detail the second rotisserie link you posted. What's the prices on both ?
      Ahmad B.

We use Roller Hoop & it's pretty slick.

Might look at Merrick Machine's as well. We're a dealer for them, good stuff made in USA.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

I've got a link to building your own. I used it during my build then sold it afterwards. Worked like a champ. Let me know if your interested.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Hey Carl I'm interested. I've been looking for a diy plan.

RCAI - I built the one from Red Wing's plans and am very happy with it. http://redwingsteelworksplans.com/fr...isserie-plans/

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by dapalong View Post
      RCAI - I built the one from Red Wing's plans and am very happy with it. http://redwingsteelworksplans.com/fr...isserie-plans/
      X2 .... I made a few mods to mine , added acme threaded rods etc if anyone wants pictures I can email you some
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

twirler

I built one using Redwings plans w/my modifications.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

I bought one brand new, I never used it. Buy mine cheap. I think its the whirly, not sure, its been 4-5 years ago.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com