Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Looking for a keyless push button ignition system for my 68 GTO restomod

Hi,

Looking to convert my 68 GTO restomod to a push button start system ... Been looking at the IDIDIT systems ... Has anyone converted their ride to a push button start system and what system did you go with ?

PS: I forgot to mention that I need it to work with my existing remote door locks and trunk release !

Thanks !

Name:  GTO Profile pic.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  397.3 KB

Country Flag: United States
      I went full race car with Jegs Ign swith and button panel. I have a hidden switch under the dash so no one can steal it.
      1966 Mustang Coupe
      5.0 EFI- T5

1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

PS: I forgot to mention that I need it to work with my existing remote door locks and trunk release !

It will. The control module has outputs for all that stuff. It doesn't care what brand or type of solenoids you already have. Also has cool security features as well for alarms, ignition kill, etc...

For example I have mine set up such that the car is literally un-steal-able unless you tow it. If the key fob is not near the car, the fuel pump will not operate. They can hot wire the ignition, but unless they know how to re-hook up the fuel pump, then they're SOL (and with an old car like mine, they'd have to first figure out that I even have an electric fuel pump to begin with!).

I also have the keyless start wired "in parallel" with the keyed ignition switch. If the keyless system ever malfunctions, I can still whip out the key and start the car.

The other thing to note is that you have two options with the steering wheel lock...

1.) Put the key in the ignition to release the lock (which seems stupid if you're going through the trouble of putting in a keyless start.

2.) Physically disable the lock in the column (which is what I did).
      1971 Camaro

ULTM8Z ... Thanks for the reply and info !

Great looking Goat btw...
      1971 Camaro

Decided to go with the Digital Guard Dawg iKey series ... Has a ton of features !

http://digitalguarddawg.com/product/ikey/

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com