Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

1968 Charger w/ 6.1L, 6 speed, and RMS AlterKtion/4 link

This last summer (2017), I was finally able to lock up a deal on a 1968 Dodge Charger that I've been chasing for about 2.5 years. It's not a rare Charger, but it was quite solid and I just fell in love with it. This is the first picture of it that I saw:

The guy I bought it from lives about 15 miles from me but he kept the Charger on his parents' farm in Missouri. After about a year of talking about it I was able to schedule an in person inspection on a weekend. He had quite a few Chargers but that's the one I wanted since it was so solid. About a year later he had to move his cars back to Kansas so he loaded it up and sent me this picture:

After another 6 months I came across a car that he really wanted so we were able to work a trade. I was super happy to finally get the deal done. My intent is to keep this car simple (yeah right) and have a rough and tumble car I can enjoy but we will see if that can be accomplished. If you've seen my Roadrunner and Barracuda build threads, you know that I struggle with scope creep.

The early plans are for a 6.1, an A518 automatic transmission, and possible a Dana 60....since I have a Dana sitting in the corner of the shop.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com