Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks rixtrix1 and mean buzzen half dozen for compliments. Trans pan got milled . Here is the final results. Just waiting for torque converter then trans can be installed.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

I had a little time so l put the rest of the exhaust on to see what it looked like from above. Also putting some of front end together while I’m waiting for car to get painted.

It’s been a little while since last post, got tired of body work so I sent body off to get finished and painted. I got a little more done on chassis, ran some ac lines and all brake lines on the frame. Painted inside the body to make all one color before it went away. My emblems showed up for grille, tail panel and front fenders. I think the came out awesome thanks billet badges !! Also my rims got done and mounted some rubber. On the back I just put some used tires I had because as soon as I can drive this thing I’m pretty sure the tires will be melted off!! Thanks to Boze for the rims they look awesome!! 20x12 rears and 18x10 fronts. I rolled all cars out because I did a massive garage cleaning, way overdue.

Here’s a pic of Rosie 1 and Rosie 2

Whole body is out getting finish I’ve been polishing stainless trim, so much fun! Made my exhaust tips and polished. Started on my dash again, cut in ac vents out of 2019 blazer. Cut in new ac control head from Dakota Digital. Cut in hood release out of 2018 pickup.

Also had gas tank powder coated from ricks tanks and I polished the tank straps.

Dash is almost ready for paint, just have to make sure still fits in car when I get it back. Got dash pad and inserts all wrapped and got and emblem made that came out awesome, just have to paint and polish it. Part or the car got painted last week and looks killer, can’t wait to see in the sun!!

Your car is awesome & your FAB skills EXCELLENT!!!!

MBHD

Wow! nice fab skills, I like how the dash is coming out. Beautiful color.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Thank you Motown 454 and mean buzzer half dozen

Did you machine your Rosie dash emblem or perhaps it's a Billet Badges custom made piece? How does the hardware attach it to the dash? Nice color and dash work.

That's a beautiful color.....
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Thanks Tubed and csouth for compliments. The emblem was done oreana custom machine. They did an awesome job, took only 1 day and cost $80 shipped. I have to paint it then polish the top of the letters. The other badges (42-39-56 and cross flags) were done billet badges which turned out awesome also but they are completely finished.

Country Flag: Canada
      What an awesome build 634! You have done an amazing job with it and I personally love the attention to detail you give.

I have a couple of questions:
      - When you did your firewall did you skin over the old or cut it all out and weld in new steel?
      - When working on your frame did you weld it to a frame table to keep it true? If not any tips? I will be mini tubbing my GS and adding support throughout like you did.
      1970 Buick GSX Restoration/Pro Touring Build
      1987 Buick Regal Turbo T

BBskylark thanks for compliments. The firewall is just skinned with I want to say 16 gauge metal. When I did the frame I did not tie to table, I know that’s not the correct way but I didn’t have a table. When I welded I did short sections to not get to hot to keep warping to a minimum. I took measurements before and after to make sure everything was ok.

Country Flag: Canada
      Thanks 634, I was thinking along the same lines as you on that. Looking forward to seeing yours done!
      1970 Buick GSX Restoration/Pro Touring Build
      1987 Buick Regal Turbo T

Little update, got the dash all done except for a couple dust nibs that need taken care of. I know I should have have done it first but I got a little excited to see all the together. I also moved the glove box latch release to underneath . I also had my cluster updated by switching the tach and speedo. I think the cluster looks much better like this. Thanks to Dakota Digital for helping me out. I’m mad at myself for not telling them to take mph out of speedo and having it say Rosie. I think that would have been a nice touch. I also have 3 sets of exhaust trim rings cut out, trying to decide which design to go with. I think for now I’m going to use the scalloped ones and when I get the middle ones completed I will see what I think. The top ones need polished and are probably my last choice for now.

Dash looks beautiful nice job

Thanks thumper877

The painting is done. Just have to cut and buff now. I’m suppose to get body back next week. I’m super excited to finally get to put this thing together for hopefully the last time. It’s been a long 6years since I started this project. I’m ready to go for a drive!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com