Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      Man, seeing these pictures makes me want to sell my house and have Kevin do my Camaro!! I don't think my wife and kids would totally agree with me on this though.
      Great thought... maybe you can have your wife and kids pick the colors! Seriously, thanks for the kind words, and I hope you are able to involve your family in your projects somehow. It makes for great memories and quality time together. Unless you sell the house, that is.

Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:
      https://www.v8speedshop.com

At this point, the decision was made to install the later version of the LT4 supercharger hat, which will accommodate water / methanol injection jets from Nitrous Express.

Water / Methanol injection is a great tool to reduce the intake charge temperature, allow for more aggressive ignition timing, and therefore increase the power output of the engine.

The system uses basically the same solenoid system as a nitrous oxide kit, but this time, it’s spraying a water / methanol blend under much lower pressure. A reservoir tank and pump are needed, as well as some form of controller to make it work.

Here, the jets are plumbed into the new hat and the solenoids are mounted. Nitrous Express provides this service, which came out great.

Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:

Alcohol pump:

The new hat didn’t match our desired color scheme, so it was cleaned, scuffed, and masked for some new color.

First color is a charcoal gray found in various accents on the car, like the window trim and door handles.

Then the fins were masked and the second color was applied, a bright and vivid red.

After unmasking, the fins were stripped and the ribs were returned to a natural aluminum finish.

The end result looks factory clean and custom tailored to the car. We also tuned up the LT4 badging and gray on the coolant hoses.

Looking good!

Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:

Sweet! it looks great. I love the firewall and where you passed the wire harness through. Impressed as usual with the detail work.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Sweet! it looks great. I love the firewall and where you passed the wire harness through. Impressed as usual with the detail work.
      Thank you sir!

- - - Updated - - -

The liquid side of the alcohol injection system required a pump and a reservoir, so we built a tank to fit in the driver side rear quarter panel out of stainless.

Here, the screw cap bung is TIG welded in place.

The tank and pump fit neatly in the trunk.

Here it is just before being painted.

Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:

Next, the team wired up the T56 Magnum transmission using a Bowler All In One harness. This is a handy piece that incorporates all the connections required on a T56 for safe operation into one harness.

From Bowler:

“The All-in-One harness solution for the Tremec T-56 Magnum transmission comes equipped with all the connections pre-wired into one harness for a simple installation and ease of use. The small epoxy sealed controller is mounted to the VSS output using the existing bolt, and once the unit is powered up you will be able to connect via Bluetooth to your Apple or Android smartphone using our free app. The app will give you the ability to customize the input and output settings for each feature to ensure proper operation in your vehicle. The All-in-One harness eliminates the need for any additional equipment to operate the reverse lock out or generate the correct speedometer signals coming from your Tremec T-56 Magnum. This All-in-One harness solution is the perfect finishing touch for any Tremec T-56 Magnum conversion, and the only harness you will ever need.”

Unit mounted:

And the Dakota Digital OBDII interface to send the signals from the ECM to the dash.

These devices simplify the communication betweed various digital and analoge systems making it far simpler to perform these kinds of swaps.

Soon, the intake tube was made and the LT4 was ready to fire!

Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:

I'm in love with the whole build, but that last picture... Man! I only wish I could bring you my '68.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I'm in love with the whole build, but that last picture... Man! I only wish I could bring you my '68.
      Thanks Carl! More to come on this one!
      Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:

The LT4 was finally ready to fire, and the crew double checked all the connections, hoses, fittings, and added some fuel. The calibration is from the GM Performance ECM with some adjustments made to accomodate the Drive Junky pulleys, exhaust, and custom air intake. We use HP Tuners software and worked with Mike Norris on the calibration to get the car in a driving state.

Initial drives we casual, as we datalogged the ECM and would beam it over to Norris for analysis. We’ve tuned many an LS, but this was LT4 #1, and we trust Mike to be a great resource on these kinds of projects.

- - - Updated - - -

Soon we were ready to strap it down on the dyno and put some power to it and perform more datalogging and refinements.

Trevor at the wheel of the car and tune…

The results… 670 HP / 720 TQ corrected for weather at the wheels.

Driving the car is a blast… when the power comes on, you’d better be ready! It shreds tires at will. Two V8 Team members Trevor and Tyler took the car on a 600 mile shakedown run to the Holley LS Fest in Bowling Green, KY, with no major issues, save for a power steering leak at the rack. Overall, it was a great ride for them. Our freinds at Forgeline were kind enough to host the car for the weekend.

However, we’re not at the finish line yet. It turns out that the car has an issue with the throttle during upshifts where the RPM climbs a bit after the throttle has been closed. It seems this is a “thing” with LT4 swaps, and we’re working with GM and a few others to land on a solution… more on that shortly!
      Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:

Country Flag: Canada
      Any update on the throttle issue solution during upshifts?

Quote Originally Posted by AB69Z View Post
      Any update on the throttle issue solution during upshifts?
      Lots of testing, no solid answer yet.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll post episode 2 soon!
      Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:

LT4 1969 Camaro Install Video Part 2

Here's part 2 of the video series on converting the BBC to LT4 in the '69 Camaro:

More to come in part 3!
      Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:

I saw this car pop up in the news feed on my phone. Such a nice job you guys did.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      I saw this car pop up in the news feed on my phone. Such a nice job you guys did.
      Thank you for the kind words!
      Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:

First off I have to say this is a great build. I think Kevin has a eye for detailed work. On the other hand, I had PM'd Kevin about the rough cost of doing this type of upgrade. He replied that it would be better if he called and we talked about it over the phone. I was surprised when we finally talking. I figured as busy as he is it would probably slip his mind. He would text me and tell me when he was going to call and if at that time he couldn't make it he would text again and set up another time. I told him that it was ok, don't worry about it because I couldn't afford to do it, that I was just curious. He told me that it was ok and that he didn't mind going over some of the things he did and cost. We finally got together on the phone and I apologized for taking up his time because this was just a curiosity thing. We talked for about an hour and he told me about what each phase would cost. He never came out and told me what the client had to pay which I thought was admirable. Maybe the client didn't want everyone knowing. What I'm getting at is that Kevin took the time out of his schedule to call, knowing that I was probably not going to have my car done any time soon.

Great job Kevin! If I ever get the money together he would be doing my work. Just a little "Atta boy" sent your way Kevin.

Carl

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

First off I have to say this is a great build. I think Kevin has a eye for detailed work. On the other hand, I had PM'd Kevin about the rough cost of doing this type of upgrade. He replied that it would be better if he called and we talked about it over the phone. I was surprised when we finally talking. I figured as busy as he is it would probably slip his mind. He would text me and tell me when he was going to call and if at that time he couldn't make it he would text again and set up another time. I told him that it was ok, don't worry about it because I couldn't afford to do it, that I was just curious. He told me that it was ok and that he didn't mind going over some of the things he did and cost. We finally got together on the phone and I apologized for taking up his time because this was just a curiosity thing. We talked for about an hour and he told me about what each phase would cost. He never came out and told me what the client had to pay which I thought was admirable. Maybe the client didn't want everyone knowing. What I'm getting at is that Kevin took the time out of his schedule to call, knowing that I was probably not going to have my car done any time soon.

Great job Kevin! If I ever get the money together he would be doing my work. Just a little "Atta boy" sent your way Kevin.

Carl
      Well you're very kind Carl! It's always cool to spend some time chatting with people about their projects, we're always happy to help answer questions. It was nice to talk with you and meet you over the phone. Thanks again for the kind words, and please keep in touch!
      Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:

LT4 1969 Camaro Install Video Part 3 Driving / Dyno

Part 3 of our '69 Camaro LT4 swap, driving and dynoing! Fun.

Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:

Very nice indeed!

Carl Wilson

Very nice indeed!
      Thanks Carl!
      Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:

Excellent work as always Kevin. Were you able to figure out the issue with the throttle during upshifts where the RPM climbs a bit after the throttle has been closed?

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com