Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

First Goodguys Autocross

So I’m hoping to do my first Goodguys event in late March in Pleasanton, CA. I’ve read the sticky for beginners but still have a few questions. Hopefully you guys can answer.

So here we go. First, I understand the pit marshal techs the car, but if not in the pits (waiting to be assigned a pit space) where should my car be for tech?

Second: My car isn’t, well, near as pretty as the cars we’re all used to at Goodguys. Will I be given the stink eye over it, or not allowed to run?

Third: if no pit spaces are available (pits full) where should the car be, and am I still allowed to run or do I have to wait for someone to leave to even run?

Thanks for any help guys. Not sure if I’ll be ready in March, there’s a lot to do. If not March the car will be there in June.

Hopefully I can answer some of your questions based on past experience at this event. There are 60 or more parking spaces for cars competing in the autocross. Best advise is try and get there before 8:00 AM. There are no assigned pit stalls, first come first served. Don't worry about the looks of your car, mine has been primer for two years, every one registered is welcomed to run. There will probably be an overflow parking area near the autocross if the normal area is full. Again, arrive early to avoid problems.

Focus on having fun, everything else will fall into place. Good luck.

The first several spots (between the gate and the telephone poll) are generally reserved for the pro cars. Back into a spot that is open. Get there way early, 7:00 am at the latest. So you can walk the course and get tech’d.

Be careful. The surface is extremely slippery and I have seen several cars hit the wall. The first couple of laps always surpise me with how low the grip is. Bring a helmet if you have one.

Are you going to run AAS this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig510 View Post
      The first several spots (between the gate and the telephone poll) are generally reserved for the pro cars. Back into a spot that is open. Get there way early, 7:00 am at the latest. So you can walk the course and get tech’d.

Be careful. The surface is extremely slippery and I have seen several cars hit the wall. The first couple of laps always surpise me with how low the grip is. Bring a helmet if you have one.

Are you going to run AAS this weekend?
      No ive never run an autocross, if I make it in March it will be my first. My car is completely apart right now. Doing a front brake conversion, rear end swap and other stuff I have to do for tech. (Brakes and rear aren’t tech, just to be competitive, drums and an open diff won’t help my cause lol)

Good luck and have a blast!
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com