Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

sandblasting? what media is best, and how about endura noses?

I am going to get my front fenders and lower valance sand blasted tomorrow morning, I am wondering what media works best so the metal doesn't get warped? also i have a huge endura front bumper, can you blast that too?

blast

yody, i like to use glass jet, it is recycled glass from canada, it leaves very very little pitting, so little that etch primer fills it, and creates very little heat, i just would not stay in one are to long, as long as ther eisn't 4-5 coats of paint it should come off nice, also a pressurized blaster will work nicely, also keep gun away from work a bit maybe like 12-14 inches, you may use more sand but will not heat it up any more than it would in the sun with paint on it, just be very careful, you can warp it pretty easy, yes you can blast the endura, just be ready to put some urethane primer on it
      jake
      Last edited by 68protouring454; 09-20-2004 at 08:47 PM. Reason: more info

Country Flag: United States
      Glass bead, soda blast, etc. Anything but actual sand on the panels themselves. Reserve the sand for subframes, motor mounts, etc.

happy

you think glass jet would be ok to do whole panels?? i have not tried but i do know that it does not heat panels up very much
      jake

Country Flag: United States

soda blast!

Hey on my last car I done the whole car with Soda. It turned out beautiful. Which ever you use be careful.
      Good luck! :icon_razz

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com