Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Help for EFI tank vent/roll over valve

I'm building a 71 Camaro with an LS3 and I purchased an Aeromotive fuel tank/pump combo. The tank came with a nipple on it for a roll over vent/valve and the pump has a vent port as well. I bought a Too Much Fabrication vent canister and I'm a little confused on how to plumb it. Is everyone using a rollover valve?? I was hoping to incorporate the rollover valve into my 2 much canister but I'm not quite sure how. I was thinking of using a T to tie the two tank vents into one line going to the canister, but don't know what to do about the rollover valve. Has anyone put a rollover valve INLINE? I'm trying to avoid as many fumes as possible so I don't want to mount the rollover valve the way Aeromotive suggests. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Kmart78 View Post
      I'm building a 71 Camaro with an LS3 and I purchased an Aeromotive fuel tank/pump combo. The tank came with a nipple on it for a roll over vent/valve and the pump has a vent port as well. I bought a Too Much Fabrication vent canister and I'm a little confused on how to plumb it. Is everyone using a rollover valve?? I was hoping to incorporate the rollover valve into my 2 much canister but I'm not quite sure how. I was thinking of using a T to tie the two tank vents into one line going to the canister, but don't know what to do about the rollover valve. Has anyone put a rollover valve INLINE? I'm trying to avoid as many fumes as possible so I don't want to mount the rollover valve the way Aeromotive suggests. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated!
      I used mine...

I would T the two lines together , then on the breather hose that comes out from the 2Much canister to outside of trunk floor i would put the roll over valve . If your valve is the 2 piece one (my aeromotive roll over is..) i drilled a hole in the cap and threaded it so that i could run a screw from the top of the trunk floor into the top of the valve so that it is in the upright position and will operate properly, that way assuming you have a non vented gas cap , you should not leak fuel from the tank or the 2Much vent in a roll over.

just my 2 cents , you are correct in thinking it through

Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for your advice! I actually have the vent with the bulkhead that is designed to be mounted to the trunk floor so no lines come into the trunk. I'm thinking about selling this one and buying the kind that you have and plumbing it that way.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com