Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Holley Terminator Stealth Vs Sniper Vs Multiport

Hi all...looking to finally end my carburetor days. Ive been reading up and most of the threads seem to be about EZ EFI against Holley, or systems to run LS engines. For the time being Ill be keeping the Pontiac 455 so the questions really are two fold...

Is the Terminator Stealth having a larger ECU a better running unit than the Sniper?

Or should I not even bother with a carb style bolt on EFI system and go to a converted intake with injector bungs and multiport EFI?
      Manuel Scettri
      ------------------------------------------------
      1973 Firebird - Pontiac 455
      1990 2 Door 4Runner - byebye
      2016 KIA Sportage diesel - The Daily Driver

Country Flag: United States
      I've been contemplating the same on my 440-stroker Pontiac... cam size seems to be a factor... I'm debating between the Sniper or Terminator myself. (subscribed)
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

I too had to decide between the Terminator Stealth and the Sniper, I ended up going with the Sniper and I'm very happy with it. Especially at half the price. (I had EZ-EFI on the car previously)

The Terminator does have more features for advanced users, but the Sniper can still be fined tuned with a laptop just like the Terminator, if you choose to.

The plus for the Terminator in your situation, is the ECU can support multi-port if you want to go that route in the future. Or get the Sniper now, and if you want multi-port in a few years, sell it and get the latest n greatest ECU that Holley has and go multi-port.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

^^^ What Nick said ^^^

I've looked at everything from the EZ 2.0, to the Terminator EFI to the Sniper EFI.

Sniper EFI $999.95
      Sniper Tank $494.96 comes with Walbro 255 and holds 20.5 gallons
      Sniper Fuel System $260.96 has 40' of Earls VaporGuard and fittings (and an external pump you won't need)
      Sniper 1" drop base $22.46 has dents for TBI fittings
      Earls *90 or *45 degree fittings for your application $8.06 each (2 required for TBI)
      Add the Filter Regulator if you don't want to run a full length return line $130.46

Hard to beat the Sniper when you can do a new tank/pump to TBI for $2k total!

Nick, would like to hear your real world feedback on the system... as I've stated my 440cid Pontiac has a 248/260 solid with over .600 lift and 11:1 compression.

I'm concerned about the Sniper EFI's ability to work with a big cam and 11" of vacuum at idle.

If you think you want to go multi-point at some time in the future, then the Terminator Stealth makes sense, because it uses the HP ECU. If you plan to stick with a TBI, then the Sniper makes sense. There are other reasons to use the Terminator Stealth, like having 8 programmable I/Os that you can use for cool stuff like pwm fan control.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Hi all...as always great feedback! A bit of a misunderstanding though, the question of multipoint is not whether I can go to that in the future but more a Terminator VS Sniper VS Multipoint type situation. Im just going to pick one, not go from one to multipoint. After this EFI upgrade (whatever route I end up going) the next upgrade will be to go LS.

My engine is mild...455, 6X heads, lowish compression, and a Comp hydraulic roller cam (duration 276/282, lift .502/.510) so I get the feeling that the Sniper wouldnt have the driveability/tuning issues Iv heard about.
      Manuel Scettri

One question I have for you, do you plan on keeping this car or do you plan on selling it in a few years? My reasoning is if you plan on keeping it, you will probably change out the engine for something a little more powerful down the road(its in our nature to want more power). Will the system you have now work with what you put in later? If you plan on playing with the car and sell it down the road do the sniper and save a few bucks.

I've had my car since high school (first car) and I'm 50 now... so I can say without a doubt I'll never sell it.

The stroker 440cid Pontiac motor also makes 601hp so as much as an LT4 would sound sexy I just can't justify the cost for an additional 49hp, especially when I already have a 150hp shot in the trunk "just in case".

Which, btw, the Sniper system can also control timing, NOS and electric fans if needed/wanted.
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

There is also no mention of a trans. That also would be a deciding factor on the sniper vs terminator. I just went through this decision this month.

Mark, I'm running a built 700R4 from Phoenix Transmission Products with their torque converter. It'll handle 600lbft but drives like normal on the street.

I'm think I "need" to put EFI TBI on the car. I had it out this past Saturday for 90 minutes with no issues but it was only 55* here in Orlando...

When the temps get hot in the summer it boils fuel out of the front bowl of the carb... so I want to do a complete tank to TBI.

Just want to make sure I get it right the first time... Thanks for all your input!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird

With the terminator I/O you could control torque converter lock up. I'm not sure about the sniper. I've been running a 700 also and a b&m lockup control, an ez efi and a msd timing controller. With the terminator I can do one box instead of 3 separate boxes.

As far as those points...I'm running a TKO600. And this used to be my dads car, it was my daily driver in college, have driven cross country a couple times and now that I moved to England I brought it over with me...so no, won't be selling it. As for the HP...after this carb/EFI swap I'd go to an LS but that will be several years down the line.

Right now I'm only focused on the better system for the 455 I have.
      Manuel Scettri

So far it looks like the Sniper wins out just because of price. For my engine/trans it seems the Terminator doesn't offer any extra functional benefit.
      Manuel Scettri

For your comb I agree, good choice!

I suggest ordering from here.

https://www.efisystempro.com/

Excellent customer service, before and after the sale.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Cool thanks for the suggestion! What did you do as far as fuel tank, used the included pump or got a new tank with built in pump?
      Manuel Scettri

I used a Tanks Inc tank with their fuel pump module. Which appears to be the same thing that Holley now sells as their Sniper tank.

http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/pa...cat/cat143.htm

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...ms/fuel_tanks/

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

That works out great also because my send is on the fritz so fuel gauge hasn't been working.

As far as functionality...did you get big torque/fuel mileage gains?
      Manuel Scettri

My car never was properly tuned with the Q-Jet, so I can't compare to a carb. But I averaged 16 MPG on the Power Tour last year, and that's with a lot of low speed driving and idling in traffic, and high speed highway cruising. 400+ HP SBO, 5-speed and 3.90 gears.

Throttle response and idle quality are the two most immediate things I noticed, and I had FAST EZ-EFI on it before the Sniper.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Is the Qjet EVER properly tuned? haha! Seriously though...Iv got the same with my Holley, its very obviously running rich now at all RPMs and now being in the UK its not like I can go to the corner speed shop and get some jets. In any case...it will be great to be able to tune things on the little screen and have it stay that way. Not to mention the added drivability, fuel mileage, etc. that goes along with it.

Will add impressions once the job is done.
      Manuel Scettri

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com