Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by cbpldc View Post
      Pardon my ignorance, but won't porting the manifold where it goes into the turbo slow down the velocity of the air thus making it feel a bit more "laggy"? I mean obviously, the more air you can get in and out of an engine, the more power you can make, but where does one strike the balance on an engine like this.

With that question out of the way, I want to say I think you've got an awesome project here, and I love your powertrain choice. These engines can make amazing power.

Chris
      On a stock truck I probably would not have spent the time but the manifolds start to restrict around the 400hp @ tire. My first swap 3.5 Eco made 420/532 @ tire but there was simply no more left in it without different turbo's. The stock exit on manifolds is barely 1.125" in diameter, With a very minor turbo upgrade they will make 480-500 @ tire. My tune only 3.5 would buzz freely over 6000 without effort. The amount I opened up current project to is just to size of a stock gasket. Very much needed to get to the 500 RWHP goal. Anything over that amount and the pistons and rods will not hold up. Even then its a bit iffy around the 500 RWHP mark. I am hoping the current state 3.5 Eco will push my F250 into the 11's in the 1/4 Mile & 113-115 MPH

Slowly make progress on my 64 Falcon EB swap, Engine and trans mounts are done. Have moved on to the TCI 4 Link rear suspension install to give me an idea of how much I need to raise the driveshaft tunnel. Won't be much if any at the rear but up front it will need to go up 3". Have the first draft of my construction paper trans tunnel is cut out. Once the engine comes back out I can finished up moving the bottom 1/2 of the firewall back 2" on the left side to allow exhaust down pipe clearance from the turbo. Nice thing is the right and left side of the firewall will match now.

Been working on other projects and been procrastinating on working/cleaning/painting/welding/disc brake install/brake lines, due to bench and shop space. Well I get a Summit tool catalog in the mail last week and I spot these axle stands that mount to my engine stand, best $50.00 I have spent in a long time.Name:  Axle stand.jpg
Views: 1467
Size:  221.3 KB No excuses back to work on my project.

very cool build....subscribed!

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted Falcon View Post
      Been working on other projects and been procrastinating on working/cleaning/painting/welding/disc brake install/brake lines, due to bench and shop space. Well I get a Summit tool catalog in the mail last week and I spot these axle stands that mount to my engine stand, best $50.00 I have spent in a long time.Name:  Axle stand.jpg
Views: 1467
Size:  221.3 KB No excuses back to work on my project.
      Good to see a update. Surely waiting for more.

Really busy summer at work so time garage time has been limited. Looking forward to making some real progress over the winter and spring. Fingers crossed.

Stoked on this build. I almost did this to my Ranchero but the owner of the engines flaked out on me. I took that as a sign to stick with my original plan.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

Fun to see a few more Falcon builds popping up. Making some slow progress on my build, I have gotten the TCI 4 link rear suspension all mocked up and tabs and mounts tacked on. Also need to figure out if I will get much space gain with a mini tub now that I have the suspension installed. Next step is mock up the disc brakes and play with the Wheelright to see what I have to play with and space I have between the lower trailing arm.Name:  IMG-1152 4 link 1.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  198.2 KBName:  IMG-1154 4 link 2.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  209.1 KBName:  IMG-1156 4 link 3.jpg
Views: 1164
Size:  134.5 KB

Fun to see a few more Falcon builds popping up. Making some slow progress on my build, I have gotten the TCI 4 link rear suspension all mocked up and tabs and mounts tacked on. Also need to figure out if I will get much space gain with a mini tub now that I have the suspension installed. Next step is mock up the disc brakes and play with the Wheelright to see what I have to play with and space I have between the lower trailing arm.Name:  IMG-1152 4 link 1.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  198.2 KBName:  IMG-1154 4 link 2.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  209.1 KBName:  IMG-1156 4 link 3.jpg
Views: 1164
Size:  134.5 KB
      looks good!
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

Need advice/recommendations for cleaning the undercarriage before applying a product like Eastwood Chassis undercoating. Are there any products that you all have found to work well and recommend?

Thanks and Happy New Year.

If you’ve got it down to bare metal then any automotive grease and wax remover should work nicely.

I like this project. Let's face it, not every project needs the size, weight, and expense of a V8 Ford swap. These cars way a little bit of nothing and 400-500 is enough to have a whole bunch of nothing.
      Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

Need advice/recommendations for cleaning the undercarriage before applying a product like Eastwood Chassis undercoating. Are there any products that you all have found to work well and recommend?

Thanks and Happy New Year.
      i have owned a steam cleaner since 1987-88 as matter of fact just bought my 3rd new one last week. I have stuff I call “Magic Soap” I spray it down with first then hit it with about 1500 psi of pressure around 250 deg. Nothing it will not take off.

I just started another eco swap. This time a 2.7 in a
      1966 F100 4x4.

Thanks, doing a quick search I am not finding "Magic Soap" other than hand cleaners and soap. Any additional clues?

I look forward to following your F100 EB build.

Country Flag: Russian Federation
      Good job! I like your project.

Thanks, doing a quick search I am not finding "Magic Soap" other than hand cleaners and soap. Any additional clues?

I look forward to following your F100 EB build.
      the Magic Soap is something I have been mixing up for over 30 yrs.

some of the mix is truck freight only so cannot send you some.

There Red are a few different mixes depending on what I am cleaning.

My suggestion would be to be to pick up a Hotsy 555ss or better yet a
      560ss. Then with use of another type cleaner it will do the job.
      If you are in California I can give you mix ratios of the magic mix.

Thanks, I found the local United Rentals has a Hotsy 560 that I will be renting.

Awesome build. Any update on it. Are you on the falcon groups on fb?
      1965 ford mustang cpe 200ci/c4....going to be transformed into a 65 gt car/trans am racer
      1994 ford mustang GT 302/5 spd... a bunch of bolt ons
      1964 ford falcon futura V8 car and 4spd car.....rat rodded tourer

I am on the Square Body and Restomod groups. I have been jumping a round a bit, just finished getting the Tilton clutch and brake pedals installed. Ended up having to mount the masters under the dash, had a collision issue with the left side head and the masters would sit right above the turbo. Working on the trans and driveshaft tunnel now before I pull the engine and trans back out to finish the firewall and paint. Also plan to mock up all the plumbing for the cooling, fuel system and for the intercooler and get the engine running before it come back out.

I bought a rotisserie a while back and it sure has made life easier, should have done it when I started the project.

Interesting build with the eb can't wait to see this one running.
      Eddie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com