Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

New member here, bear with me being a noob.

Hey there, I figured it's time for me to join the forum. I've been checking in here for the last year or so, and I'm going to have a ton of questions regarding my upcoming build and need real world sensible opinions to help guide me on my way. Project is a 1969 Pontiac Firebird couple, originally equipped with a 350 Pontiac, dark blue exterior and the only option was power steering. I purchased the vehicle in 1994, and had been painted Porsche guards red (which I now despise) and a very mild 350 Chevy and turbo 350. A week later, the rear end started making noise, i brought it back to the dealership where i bought it, they "repaired" it, and 2 weeks later the bolts came out of the ring gear, sandwiched themselves between the gear and rear end housing, and shot through the rearend.

I then got lucky at a local junkyard and picked up a 12 bolt posi that fit right in. The following year I swapped on a set of trick flow aluminum heads, cam, carb and intake which woke it up substantially. The bottom end didn't last long and I pulled the motor due to a knock. The car has been sitting since then (2001).

Around 2003, a friend built a motor to replace the one I pulled out, which never actually made it back into the car. Between buying a house, building a new one, marriage, kids and life the firebird has sat for years. Through the years, the plan has changed numerous times from being a resto mod, to a drag car, and for the last couple years, pro touring.

Earlier this year, my friends garage that had my fully built stroker motor, blower, turbo 400, ignition system, guages, fuel system, methanol injection, rims, switches etc got broken into and all my parts were stolen along with upwards of 50k in other parts that weren't mine. Thankfully, some of my stuff was recovered, but not all. While my parts were missing I figured I'd go with an ls motor and 4l80e, but my engine, tranny and blower came back, so for the sake of using what I have, I plan on sticking with my gen1 383 stroker with a vortech t trim, and methanol injection. The plan is to either use a gear vendors overdrive or convert to a 4l80e which will be controlled by a Holley dominator system.

Like I said, ill be posting lots of questions over the next couple years, please have patience with me. Thanks!

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the forum! This site is a great resource.

Welcome! You have quite a story. Please start a build thread.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Welcome! Keep us posted with your progress, and like Andrew said just start a build thread. If you have any questions on how to start one, almost anyone here can help you. Great bunch of people here.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com