Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Custom power steering hose made

Anyone have a custom power steering hose source ?? I need a shop that can bend 3/8 tube for a custom power steering hose I would like made up.

Where are you located?

Earls fittings in Indy may be able to help. Or there are other tubing shops nearby and in Brownsburg and Speedway Indiana.

I needed a custom p.s hose for a 5.0 V8 to Merkur steering rack. I took the fitting from the 5.0 p.s pump and the fitting from the Merkur steering rack and had a local hose shop swage a new hose on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixr320 View Post
      Where are you located?

Earls fittings in Indy may be able to help. Or there are other tubing shops nearby and in Brownsburg and Speedway Indiana.

I needed a custom p.s hose for a 5.0 V8 to Merkur steering rack. I took the fitting from the 5.0 p.s pump and the fitting from the Merkur steering rack and had a local hose shop swage a new hose on.
      Thanks for the reply. I'm Northeast. Upstate NY. Only local hose shops here deal with heavy equipment. Complete waste of time honestly.

Not steel tube but most NAPA stores can make up high pressure hose.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

There is a guy here in my hometown (Northeast Arkansas) That owns a parts store and a mechanics shop. He builds all of his own hoses. I know it's quite a long way but you could send him what you wanted and he could make it.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com