Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Getting back on the asphalt

Yo guys, came across here when looking for a good forum for some track stuff. I'm from the Wake Forest/Creedmoor area in NC and am a big Pontiac guy. I owned a Jeep shop for many years, but it grew to the point that it was impossible to handle with another full time job and a family with two young boys. A month or so I began shutting down and two weeks ago I handed the keys back over to the shop. I have a nice shop at my house that I am redoing now, so hopefully once I finally get everything in and organized I can start finishing off some of my lingering projects.

My cars are a 1998 Trans Am that I have owned since 2004. Many years ago I blew the LS1 so I tore the entire car apart. Then I had another kid, started a business, and a few months back I finally finished it. Forgot how much I loved this car and really secured my decision to get off the dirt and onto the asphalt again. It has a 6.0L LQ9, .02 over, heads have been ported and cleaned up, larger valves, Futral F13 cam, all kinds of good stuff, FAST 90mm intake and Nick Williams throttle body, and the entire engine bay has been voided of most stuff. Coil packs tucked, ABS deleted, relocated the wiring harness under the fender wells and bumper, etc. Also swapped in a Tick Stage 2 T56, C6 Vette brakes in the front. All kinds of other crap. I love this car.

Other car is this giant turd of an 89 Firebird Formula. We've passed it around from friend to friend over the last 12 years or so. I won (or lost?) the game of musical chairs and am stuck with it. It was sitting in the back yard forever until I decided to give it new life as a track car. Plans are to run it in some road course stuff and take it to the Sandhills Open Road in 2019. It's a good ol' 305 TBI with a rebuilt T5. I already redid the rearend with 3.73 gears, Zexel Torsen posi, 28 spline axle shafts, and converted the rear to LS1 F-body discs. Also has all Spohn tubular stuff in the back (LCAs, panhard, torque arm). It is getting a full cage in a few weeks along with some other interior junk. Also converted it to manual doors.

Anyway, I'll update as things progress.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com