Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    29
    Country Flag: Canada

    CXRacing 1969 Camaro LS TT Kit

    I'm just looking at different options on my quest for more power and came across this kit:
    https://www.cxracing.com/turbo-kit/t...-CAMARO6769-IC

    Obviously it's using some cheap turbos but I'm curious if anyone has used it and how the experience went? I don't remember them having this kit awhile ago so probably a newer kit of theirs I'm guessing?



    It specifies for LS1 which is what I have in my 69 Camaro right now but i'm guessing down the road there would be no problem swapping in an ls3 or lsx b15?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    56
    Country Flag: United States
    Following along to see if anyone has used their kit. Very interested in this setup

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    La Verne CA
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by robby8388 View Post
    Following along to see if anyone has used their kit. Very interested in this setup
    I would be leary of off brand turbos. They sell their turbo headers on their website separately and given that you still have to fabricate your hot side and likely massage or modify the tubing provided for the cold side, it might make sense to look at their headers but piece the rest of the setup together yourself. I would be very curious to know what gauge 304SS they used on the headers for consideration on durability.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    29
    Country Flag: Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by twinturbo69 View Post
    I would be leary of off brand turbos. They sell their turbo headers on their website separately and given that you still have to fabricate your hot side and likely massage or modify the tubing provided for the cold side, it might make sense to look at their headers but piece the rest of the setup together yourself. I would be very curious to know what gauge 304SS they used on the headers for consideration on durability.
    I contacted CXRacing to see and they are using 16 gauge for the headers

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    La Verne CA
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous View Post
    I contacted CXRacing to see and they are using 16 gauge for the headers
    That equates to a.065 wall which is the same as other reputable manufacturers such as Stainless Works. Over time turbo headers tend to crack so its also good to check that they are using a thick flange for the headers 3/8" or better and purging all welds to ensure full penetration of the weld. I also recommend fabricating a solid mount to support the weight of the turbo on the header to prevent cracking. For obvious reasons its important to use solid engine mounts.