Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Interlocking tubing clamps. NHRA legal?

I know the pin style removable crossbar for a roll cage main hoop isn't nhra legal, but was wondring if the more rigid interlocking tube clamps were legal. I'm thinking they're not, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks

Not too many people on here would know the current NHRA rulebook in depth. Probably the Yellowbullet forum would get you much more immediate responses on things drag racing.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

i would say NO there is no mention of it in the rule book that i have ever see. and since it is the attachment point for the harness i would assume no. you can always call the local div tech director for confirmation.
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

Last time I read the rules, no it is not allowed. I have hidden them under padding and never been caught though, depends on your track and how quick you plan to go.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com