Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Good choice.
      I had one of the very first Holley throttle body units back around 1991. Was analog & you used a screwdriver to adjust 3 or 4 adjustments. Crude by today's standards but good to go with a company that has had product , testing, & feedback from that far back.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcustomz View Post
      Good choice.
      I had one of the very first Holley throttle body units back around 1991. Was analog & you used a screwdriver to adjust 3 or 4 adjustments. Crude by today's standards but good to go with a company that has had product , testing, & feedback from that far back.
      That was the old Holley analog Pro-jection EFI system. I had that on my GTO around 1991-92. Worked pretty well for what it was (and wasn't).

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Thank you to everyone that has helped me make a decision. I've spent all week watching the holley videos and search on the holley forum. I even watched Andrew's fan control video.

Ok. So what did you go with?

I went with the terminator. I felt the tech support with the fitech was from forums and not from the company its self(already had that with my fast ezefi). I try to support company's when the parts are made here in the USA as much as possible. The ecu has been out for a while so any bugs should be worked out and it is very much expandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Antrim View Post
      I went with the terminator. I felt the tech support with the fitech was from forums and not from the company its self(already had that with my fast ezefi). I try to support company's when the parts are made here in the USA as much as possible. The ecu has been out for a while so any bugs should be worked out and it is very much expandable.
      You made a good choice. My suggestion is to read the installation manual several times. I see people having issues, that are mostly self inflicted, because people do a sloppy installation job.

To be clear, your terminator kit has the Dominator ECU?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Give us the details! Which part number? Did you pick up any extra or optional parts to go along with it?

I'm hoping to start the install on my setup after the first of the year. You should get started sooner so you can warn me of any hiccups

I've been on the fence between these two for awhile as well the Atomic EFI.
      I'm running a 4L60e so I have the added expense of the trans controller to consider.
      Holley HP doesn't support this controller so I either have to buy Dominator or separate controller.
      The FiTech adds only $250 for trans controller version.

Andrew its the hp, couldn't flip the extra 7 bills for the dominator. It is the 550-608 which I think is now on bo. all my spare time I've been reading forums, the manual and watching videos. I am going to do the pwm fan control as I have the mark vi fan. I have a 700r and I see the hp can control the tcc.

Just so you know the holley will support paddle shifters if you ever go that route for the 4l60e. The fitech will not.

I ordered the Holley 550-623, reading as much as I can for my install. Good luck guys.

I'm hoping to have it in a couple of week as I have 3 weeks off from my second job for the holiday. Gives me time to play in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Antrim View Post
      Just so you know the holley will support paddle shifters if you ever go that route for the 4l60e. The fitech will not.
      Just note, any Terminator kits that have the HP ECU are not meant for auto trans control (other than TCC). If you have a 4L60/80 you need to get a Terminator kit with a Dominator ECU. The Dominator has full tuning for transmission, paddle shifting, and can also support DBW.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Sorry, should of been more specific.

Just a quick update. Since the holley I wanted was on back order(as were most units from them)when I placed my order. I went ahead and upgraded to a terminator with trans control. I figured I won't have to upgrade again and expandability is endless. Starting the install next week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com