Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: London anyone?

London anyone?

Hi all...long time Pro Tourer here looking to see whos around England. If its around the London area even better! And East London even better but that may already be asking too much.

Anyhow...been living in London for a couple years now but just brought over my Firebird and ready to enjoy it again...once summer hits of course. Would be great to meet up at some point. The Ace Cafe isnt terribly far from me, but I do have plans to head to Bicester Heritage later in the year and perhaps Goodwood Revival as well.

Look forward to seeing whos out here!
      Manuel Scettri
      ------------------------------------------------
      1973 Firebird - Pontiac 455
      1990 2 Door 4Runner - byebye
      2016 KIA Sportage diesel - The Daily Driver

Guess not may UK/London readers of this forum or maybe just this section in particular...

Well...lets see what the summer car show circuit brings up.
      Manuel Scettri

Country Flag: England
      about 15 miles from you the goat hertford heath 1st sunday of the month can get busy if good weather and you got chelsea cruise last saturday but is crap now...ace cafe 1st wed is ok ...
      thunder road in cheshunt has open days which are jammed

nowt happens in the winter but supernationals is the best later in the year

none of us working class males live in london anymore so all the stuff will be surrey, essex etc

Ah excellent! Yeah I guess I should have specified more and said London area....Im actually in Essex, Shenfield. The Goat isnt too far...25 miles or so and Thunder Road about the same. Ill give them a go. See you there perhaps!
      Manuel Scettri

Country Flag: England
      there are loads of yanks up your way...
      check banded wheels in south woodham ferrers they have a monthly meet

ps are you a pontiac expert as need advice

Excellent...that's actually very close to me.

As for engine stuff...I wouldn't call myself an expert but I've rebuilt the original engine and now upgraded this one. Plus my day job is doing engineering for the small OEMs in the UK. Just finished the DB11 project. Drop me a text and we can chat 07506278363
      Manuel Scettri

Surrey here. I’ve been here since 2002 and I’m 2 years into building a 68 Camaro.

York, a little bit north of London!

3 years into my '69 build that has changed directions so many times I'm unsure if it will ever finish.

I was pleasantly surprised the amount of 1st gen GM owners i have met through selling the unwanted parts from my build (in my local area!). Two guys had '68 camaro's who took my original re-worked sub with everything ride-tech sold, another took the ride-tech 4 link/muncie 4 spd & 12bolt rear end, another took the wheel and front seats. all which i restored when i originally planned on using them, waste of time that was. Then I discovered this site and it all changed!

It was stuck in body shop for 12 months, it's still not painted, sitting in primer while i finish off the finer touches. Ill try upload some pictures.

Would be nice to see if anybody else in the UK wonders this forum...?

Cheers,

Jake

A few Englanders here, I'm in Yorkshire, yet to start on my 70 Firebird build

Hi mate. I left London for Bangor Northern Ireland a couple of years ago. Was in Bromley.

We sold a '51 Studebaker before we left but bought the '66 Mustang, '69 Vette and '69 Camaro with us. Not so many Yanks here but will get over to the midlands for a few shows in the summer if Kung flu buggers off!