Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      What brake booster are you running? I like the plastic reservoir.

The booster is a C5 Corvette. The master is a 2002 Z28 Camaro. Works well. Captain Fab makes the booster/clutch bracket. Works well.

Country Flag: United States
      Awesome! Thanks!

Just FYI. We were in St.Paul early Friday and thru the day. First big trip with the C10. 346 miles round trip. It was HOT. Air temp close to 90 and heat index at 112. Tons of cars. A few over heated. Saturday about 9 AM it started to rain and continued thru 2 PM? Still a great show. Tomorrow cool in the upper 70's to low 80's.
      We went home about noon today (150 miles west) and drove thru the worst rain on I-94 for about 50 miles. Like 2 inches per hour rain. Truck ran great. Got to like wipers and defrost.
      Tomorrow is going to be great weather wise so if you are thinking about going do it.

Just a project update.

I'm running 20" wheels so the front rotors (13" C5) look a bit small. Did some research and it looks like I can use C6 ZO6 14" rotors.
      I bought a 2007 ZO6 front rotor and other than being 1" larger in diameter they are identical. I'm going to reuse my C5 calipers.

Just have to remake the spindle bracket that bolts to the C5 brake abutments 1/2" longer for the bigger rotor diameter. I will keep everyone up to date on the progress.

Just an update.

The swap is successful. Made new brackets that space the C5 caliper out 1/2". The 14" J56 rotor has the exact same "back spacing" and hub diameter as the stock C5 rotor. The swept area of the 14" rotor is the same as the 13" rotor per the brake pad wear pattern.

After a few low speed stops I did a few 60 mph really hard stops and it works well. Stopped straight and quick. I'm
      happy with the results. And it does fill the wheel much better.

So cost? Modded spindles and hubs $600. Used calipers with brackets $250 after rebuild. Rotors $200. Brake pads NAPA premium $70. New brackets fabbed by me $20 including grinding discs.

So I need some help. The MN Street Association is still putting on their "Super Secret Fun Run" at the Brainerd MN drag/race track. If you are a member and can pass tech you can run your car/truck down the 1/4 mile or around the road course.
      I've never run down a 1/4 mile track. My 68 C10 LS/built 4L60E SWB swapped has about 380 rwhp. 285/40 rear tires. 3000 stall Yank converter It will spin the rear wheels thru second gear on the local tar roads. The full throttle shift points are set at 6000 rpm. Rev limiter is set to 6500.
      Need any advice on getting off the line.
      Any help would be good.

The 68 is for sale.

The 68 is for sale in the sale section.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com