Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Just Sharing - MegaSquirt Traction Control - 3G Hemi 'Cuda

One of the best parts about going to a MegaSquirt ECU is the amount of customization you can do. It would be a bit cumbersome if you only used it for spark and fuel.

To get the most out of it, I am using the VR output shaft sensor on my T56 Magnum transmission along with a Hall Effect undriven wheel speed sensor that I fabbed a mount up for. It reads the internal cooling vanes of the rotor, 32T/rev.
      Name:  IMG_3872-COLLAGE.jpg
Views: 1394
Size:  182.4 KB

The setup only has a 100 miles or so on it but the results have been more than entertaining! The car will sense the amount of slip and react to a target difference, in this case I am using 3%, which is a bit low, but I am getting the hang of things.

The car drives completely different and it is much more managable to put power down on the street. My tires are a bit old and 1st and 2nd gear wouldn't be very useful under 35-45mph..I'd just blow the tires off of it without heavy peddling to keep it moving forward....as shown....

The car is also using the no-lift-shift/flatshift strategy [video is without traction control]

With the traction control, timing is pulled to try to manage minimal tirespin and maximum acceleration. This isn't a perfect example, but you can see the rear wheel speed [VSS1] go up and down and it keeps the car going forward...and straight. It's hard to say how much quicker it makes the car around town, but it is nice to be able to get on it and let the car go as fast as it can manage.

Anyway, I am just sharing my results. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask. I am still working on tuning it, but I can provide some support.

1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com