Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

New guy from Metro Detroit.

Hello All,

I am just starting to stick my toes into this world. The last 50 years I have been a 4x4 Truck guy and still am. Our family was heavily involved in Snocross Racing and running the Pro National ISOC Circuit the last several years. Now that my daughter has retired after 13 years I need a new hobby. I am a Mopar guy, but was recently offered a 1965 Mustang for a great price.. I never was a big Mustang fan, but I saw the Wildwood Project 66 Mustang and was intrigued. Then I discovered the Pro Touring style of cars where you can take an old car and make it handle like Modern cars.....Intriguing.... I accepted the deal on the Mustang shell and began my search on what I may like. The attached pic is similar to the direction Id like for the "Look" of the car, Not the paint per se, but the overall look. This will be a long term project and probably stupid money...Ugh... But racing wasn't cheap either lol.. Sorry Ford guys, But my plan is most likely going to include LS Power. I am NOT a fan of the 4 cam engines..Sorry just the way it is. A 6.4 Hemi would be cool too but way more stuff for a LS and a very reliable platform. I always said no to manual transmissions, but this may get a 6 speed?? Like I said, I am Brand NEW to this type of car and excited to learn. I investigate things a lot before I make decisions due to 29 years in Law Enforcement. Don't worry, I am not here to bust anyones grapes. I the guy that pulls over bad a$$ rides to check them out..lol
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com