Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Country Flag: United States
      Name:  IMG_20190106_143922986.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  326.6 KB
      Could not get grease in the Johnny joints. They were deflected even after only a few miles. Ordered the R joints instead and now will have easier adjustment. I dropped the front of the rear lower bars, they are now level with the ground at ride height.

Any improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
      Any improvement?
      The roads around here look like the salt flats at the moment.
      I put heavier springs in the front along with what I did in the rear. It is on the ground waiting for better weather and down to my alignment machine.

Drove it today after I aligned it. Still hops. Front feels good with the heavier springs, less dive under braking. No bottoming out. Shocks are set at front 10 turns from full soft, rear are at 8 from full soft. I guess the tires are really not helping the wheel hop.

Did not drive much this season, still an issue, my buddy said when I took off the rear of the car really squatted substantially. This winter I want to address the headers and the suspension. I am going to look at moving the upper control arm rear mounts up the same amount I lowered the front mounts of the lowers. Might get new tires but did not want to until I get new bigger rims, but......

Hello again.
      Happy Holidays.
      Hopefully everyone is doing well.

Finally after dealing with a bunch of life stuff I had time to mess with the car.

I put in a different trans in and raised it up to get the driveline angles to where they need to be, shorty headers to gain ground clearance. Modified the front wheel wells so tires don't hit now that car is lowered.

I was hoping someone could take my measurements and plot out the suspension.

Will it be better to raise the upper CA rear brackets, or lower the upper CA front brackets.

I appreciate any and all help.

At the ride height on the ground the lowers are pointing down to front of car. The car is as low as I can go.

Car is on jackstands

Upper bar length is 12.75" 1.4* angled up to the car front.

Lower bar length is 20.75" 3.5* down to front of car.

Upper control arm front point from ground 24 1/2"
      Upper control arm rear point from ground 24 3/8"

Lower control arm front point from ground 16 5/8"
      Lower control arm rear point from ground 18 1/8"

I can raise the rear of the car probably half an inch to make the lower bars even with the ground if it is necessary. Which in turn makes the uppers worse.

Let me know what you think.

thanks
      -Tom

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com