Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

View Poll Results: What is your most used platform for Car Discussion?

Voters
    104. You may not vote on this poll
    • Forums

94 90.38%
    • Facebook

9 8.65%
    • Instagram

1 0.96%
    Multiple Choice Poll.
    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey Clint.... Show us a selfie!

I'm not a narcissist, Steve. Sorry.

Name:  2018-08-28 14.19.21.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  171.0 KB
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Glad to see you're still kicking, Larry.

Lol at Steve and Larry

Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Country Flag: New Zealand
      50 ,prefer forum over fb,easy to post on fb, photobucket did a lot of damage to forums

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Trying out the app now...seems to work nicely on my phone
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

I miss the forums from 10 years ago.
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

Quote Originally Posted by eville View Post
      I miss the forums from 10 years ago.
      I just miss 10 years ago. Where the hell did the time fly?!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      I just miss 10 years ago. Where the hell did the time fly?!

Andrew

Lol. No ****. I parked the car one day. Forgot to look on the internet and 10 years later here I am.I
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

I have reluctantly waded into the world of Instagram. So far it has been an interesting experience. The main difference that I see between social media (SM) 1.0 and 2.0 is that SM 1.0 was mo focused on the community, while SM 2.0 is all about the individual. I don't have a fundamental problem with that, but with SM 1.0 (forums) it was a lot easier to have visibility among a large community of like minded individuals. The experiment continues.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I like the forums much better. People are held accountable on most forums for what they say. FB I have seen way to much bad info passed on from people that "read it on the internet somewhere" and trying to give someone advice based on that.

I was big into FB for a while, but got tired of it.

First off, too much bickering on social media in general. Secondly, there's no subsections, so the posts that come to the top really depend on who's looking and responding. You have to pop in often just so for the 90% of crap that shows up, you don't miss that 10% of information you can use. Which means thirdly, it's hard to search for information.

I don't use Facebook or Instagram anymore, and it's very freeing. I don't want to spend my life feeling like I have to constantly pop into a social media account on my phone just so in case something interesting pops up, I can see it before it disappears. It's just information overload. I'm glad the forums are still alive and well.

Highly recommend others to try going cold turkey from social media for a month. It's like lifting a huge weight off your shoulders, and you will find you actually have more time to interact face to face with people and do real things besides sitting in front of a PC, or constantly staring at your phone.
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

I use fb to keep in touch with family and friends. Maybe to try to sell some parts and model trains.

I frequent this forum 5x as much as going to fb.

I'm building a car, or should I say, Mike is building a car for me that I am paying for because of this forum! NICE!

50 here.

Started w/ usenet BBS in 1993 on a VAX/VMS server and set up web pages for Mosaic using a text editor...

FB is for keeping up with friends, looking at pictures, the technical content is pretty low

Never used Instagram

I like the ability of the forums to delve into topics and get to all the details. Part numbers, installation issues, real feedback, not just advertisements. Forums like this pretty much killed the magazines for me. By the time a car is in a magazine I have seen every detail of the build on one of the forums and know a lot more than the article could ever show me. I also like that I can subscribe to a thread on someone's build and check in once a week or once a month and see how its going. With FB the threads are over in a day or two, too much work to keep up. I have a life, I don't need to be on the board daily.

47, and no facebook or instagram here either. Never wanted or needed it. I like forums. My wife complains all the time about facebook, but she still uses it. It used to have a function, when they allowed gun sales, now they are shutting that down. I dont have the patience for the blatant bias of facebook and I dont like rich people using their platform to tell me what I should and shouldnt support. Here its just about cars and trucks. Ill stick to forums.

The forum format imo is the best way to organize discussions. FB sucks for that. IG is just for pics.
      Project thread - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ouring-Project
      IG - @tc_chevelle

28 here.

Forums are still very valuable to my friends and I in my age group. We all use FB, IG, and multiple forums. IG and FB are cool to just share crap for likes or see whatever they think you want. Forums have genuine technical info from reputable sources plus we all clearly share our experiences with related products. And like others have said, searching older info is significantly easier on a forum.

Each one has it's place and I'm learning to balance them better. Forums are still my favorite though.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

34 here. grew up on the tail end of the message boards, loved forums. I do have instagram and facebook. but for actual builds, forums win. too valuable for technical reference and parts and whatnot. agree that its killing magazines, but such is life.
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

I use forums only.

I'm 56. I literally don't personally know even one heterosexual grown man that uses Facebook or Instagram. My BIL does, but he is a homosexual.

I could see using Facebook or Instagram for business purposes, but everyone I know that uses Facebook or Instagram is somebody's wife or kids.

To me Facebook or Instagram is basically a Mazda Miata.
      The difference between an environmentalist and a developer is that a developer wants to build a house in the woods, an environmentalist already has one.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com