View Poll Results: What is your most used platform for Car Discussion?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forums

68 90.67%
  • Facebook

6 8.00%
  • Instagram

1 1.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Country Flag: United States

Default Do you still use the Forums as much as Facebook or Instagram for your PT discussions?

We are looking for some input from the group here. I follow quite a few groups on Facebook. Many are commenting that they don't use the forums that much anymore and prefer the ease of using FB or IG.

I know some of you are hardcore PT.com guys but in general, do you see yourself shifting more and more to Social Media? Also, do you think it depends on your age? Are you not that into Social Media and feel more at home here on the forum?

Thanks for your input,
    MCB
    MCB - Matt's Classic Bowties
    5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
    Benicia, Ca. 94510
    866-628-8746
    TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)
    www.mcbparts.com

Email: forums@mcbparts.com
    Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts
    Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
    We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
    We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!

I'm 30 and relatively new around here. I frequent a few other forums (G-body forums and the Monte SS forums) for technical information and build threads, I prefer forums, for chewing the fat and having internet arguments, Facebook and social media is better. The nice thing about forums is the search feature, on FB groups, it seems like the same questions keep getting asked because information is hard to find, and it gets lost to the annals of time.

Country Flag: Canada

38....i prefer forums ...1 because searching is easy 2 because I don't have Facebook ( drama filled sh×+)...i use Instagram or email direct for more private conversations
    Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
    On twitter @raustinss
    On Instagram austinss70

I use the forums for research and BS'ing , I do not have FB and I probably never will , I do have Instagram and enjoy viewing the pictures as well as the fact that it seems to be less drama filled than FB.

Did I mention that I hate FB? Because I genuinely do.
    About to make poor choices and regrettable decisions

Forums for details and solutions. Facebook for advice and ideas.

Facebook does not have the older demographic well represented as compared to the younger crowd so I can see how very few of us are comfortable there. I use Facebook, but rarely engage or contribute. It really seems that's the place to go when you want to be spoon fed. The forums make us do a little legwork and have better searchable information.

Facebook is largely useless, as it's either stupid people asking stupid questions or normal people asking things that have been covered hundreds of times before. It's pretty much a waste of time. Forums actually require effort (relatively speaking) to take part in, but with facebook all you have to do is click join making the barrier for entry much lower there. Much more likely to run into clowns on FB.

28, I even run some FB/Instagram car pages, admin for Pro touring garage, Jast Performance etc, But I'd never go looking for car discussion there, its merely advertising and media, the forums will stay alive with sensible discussion and fb should deter the time wasters from the forums

30 here, I'm a creature of habit and grew up on forums. Facebook forums just seem to be the same questions over and over, advice is usually pretty sorry unless you can find a good group that is honed in on a topic. The megasquirt group seems to be pretty good and responsive.
    1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
    2016 BMW X1
    2016 Subaru WRX

Country Flag: Swaziland

Facebook is easy and the best for the lazy gimme gimme crowd, which too many people are more. I prefer a forum, but forum traffic seems slower than the old days
    Scott from NJ. Stay thirsty, my friends

Vent Windows Forever! ... My junk, featuring the Red Dragon ... NastyZ28 ... NJ Camaros & Firebirds

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
    I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Quote Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda View Post
    30 here, I'm a creature of habit and grew up on forums. Facebook forums just seem to be the same questions over and over, advice is usually pretty sorry unless you can find a good group that is honed in on a topic. The megasquirt group seems to be pretty good and responsive.
    What's the name of the megasquirt group? I'm running Microsquirt on my LS swap.

I'm 63. I've been a member of this site for 15yrs and Team Chevelle for 19yrs. Only been a FB member for a year or so and belong to many groups but what the group here has said about FB is all true.
    I enjoy coming to this forum and others every day,if possible. Facebook? If it went away tomorrow, I personally wouldn't miss it very much. (too many idiots spewing drama and hate)
    Don't think I want anything to do with Instagram.

44 & no facebook for me. Nothing against it just never tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by SSLOW6.0 View Post
    What's the name of the megasquirt group? I'm running Microsquirt on my LS swap.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/megasquirtOC/

Megasquirt/MS Extra Engine Management Owner's Club
    1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
    2016 BMW X1
    2016 Subaru WRX

Country Flag: Canada

I'm 63 and only use forums. The grammar is better and the thoughts are more complete.
    I have less than no interest in any social media. As mentioned, forums generally require more thought in the discussion and the ones I belong to will not tolerate the gross incivility that seems all too common on social media.

Ken
    If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
    My other car is a Vega.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/megasquirtOC/

Megasquirt/MS Extra Engine Management Owner's Club
    Awesome! thanks!

50 Here. I only use forums. Never had any other type of access as I don't do Facebook or any of the others.

I find Facebook and Instagram nice for immediate looks at stuff but the forum is where I study and spend most my time.
    My thoughts and ramblings while working on my motor driven menagerie http://mechanicdude.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SSLOW6.0 View Post
    I'm 30 and relatively new around here. I frequent a few other forums (G-body forums and the Monte SS forums) for technical information and build threads, I prefer forums, for chewing the fat and having internet arguments, Facebook and social media is better. The nice thing about forums is the search feature, on FB groups, it seems like the same questions keep getting asked because information is hard to find, and it gets lost to the annals of time.
    This is it right here.

New style social media is crap for actual in-depth discussions. It's designed to exploit short attention spans and encourage constantly clicking in order to shovel as many ads in your face as possible. Search is nigh on impossible.

Old style social media, and that's what Forums are, a growth of the old school BBS systems, are far more effective at actually sharing information. They're also slightly more involved to access and use, which goes a long way towards filtering out most of the morons.
    Andrew Scott
    '87 GN - 12.8 @ 108
    http://Blog.andrewdscott.com

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo6inKY View Post
    This is it right here.

New style social media is crap for actual in-depth discussions. It's designed to exploit short attention spans and encourage constantly clicking in order to shovel as many ads in your face as possible. Search is nigh on impossible.

Old style social media, and that's what Forums are, a growth of the old school BBS systems, are far more effective at actually sharing information. They're also slightly more involved to access and use, which goes a long way towards filtering out most of the morons.
    Andrew...

Man, I haven't seen BBS systems mentioned in a long time! But you are certainly correct that forums are indeed the progression from the old BBS systems.

A while back we had a thread about how it seems traffic was down...but in case people haven't noticed, it's been pretty busy around here. The forums slow down in the summer and pick up as cooler weather sets in...

Andrew
    1970 GTO Version 2.0
    1967 Cougar build
    GM High-Tech Performance feature
    My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Don't do facebook or any other social media... Forums only for me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast