Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      As far as the ethanol, stainless is probably best. The PTFE, from what I have read, looks to be a close 2nd but the best option when you need a flex line. I prefer the Brown & Miller because it is meant for higher pressure fuel, has a really tight bend radius, and some kind of "carbon tracer" (?) to prevent static buildup.

My hard lines look like aluminum. They were already installed when I bought the car.

Rick
      Rick - 1969 Camaro - LS1 driven daily

Not to hijack this thread, but where can one purchase SS lines from ?? I have only seen SS lengths up to 6 feet. I would like to custom bend my own as well on my 69 Camaro. Drivers side with my LS3, not passenger side as original.

Quote Originally Posted by DT69Cam View Post
      Not to hijack this thread, but where can one purchase SS lines from ?? I have only seen SS lengths up to 6 feet. I would like to custom bend my own as well on my 69 Camaro. Drivers side with my LS3, not passenger side as original.
      Stainless is nice, but if you're bending your own lines, I strongly suggest NiCopp. It's way easier to work with and will not corrode. Stainless is very hard to flare.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Inline tube has everything one would need.

https://www.inlinetube.com
      -Mitch
      G8 GXP, White Hot, Auto, bone stock
      68 Firebird, 428 Pontiac, CNC'd KRE Al d-ports, hyd roller, EFI, TKO600, TCI Eng complete chassis, Ridetech, Kore3 C6Z brakes, C5Z 18" with 315 rivals x4, C6zr1 mufflers
      RRR, NASA HPDE https://youtu.be/DPp1l9-FuNE

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Stainless is nice, but if you're bending your own lines, I strongly suggest NiCopp. It's way easier to work with and will not corrode. Stainless is very hard to flare.

Andrew
      I will be using Swagelok AN fittings on the ends, no Flared ends.

Quote Originally Posted by gator68428 View Post
      Inline tube has everything one would need.

https://www.inlinetube.com
      Will they sell me an 8' length of 3/8's SS line??

Quote Originally Posted by DT69Cam View Post
      I will be using Swagelok AN fittings on the ends, no Flared ends.
      Those work well. I have some installed on my GTO. I did have an experience that smaller lines (5/16" and less), tend not to seal as well.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by another69 View Post
      Be sure, whatever lines you use, that they are rated to be used with pump gas at efi pressures.
      Yeah, and whatever you do, DON'T use braided rubber!! It bleeds fuel vapors like a sieve. If you park your car in the garage like I do, the entire garage will smell like raw fuel all the time.
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Those work well. I have some installed on my GTO. I did have an experience that smaller lines (5/16" and less), tend not to seal as well.

Andrew
      Thx

Country Flag: Finland
      i used hard nylon line, the same that trucks use for air bags etc. It wont expand at all and no smell comes thru it. Made my own press from old silicone press and few wooden molds to hook the nylon line and the pressed fitting.

I had rubber/braided stainless- gas smell terrible in my garage. I considered rigid nylon but went with Nicopp. Andrew posted a flaring video that sold me on using Nicopp. I wanted to keep my AN fittings at my pump and intake, and the adapters needed to go from nylon to AN were pricey. I bought the 37degree flare tool, Nicopp, and it bent and flared soooooo easy. No leaks or issues.
      Leon Reed
      1978 Trans Am
      LS1/4L60E

my build..updated 11-21-13 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...8-TA-LS1-build

Quote Originally Posted by timopajala View Post
      i used hard nylon line, the same that trucks use for air bags etc. It wont expand at all and no smell comes thru it. Made my own press from old silicone press and few wooden molds to hook the nylon line and the pressed fitting.
      I feel quality hose will work just fine, but you'll find out it's ridiculously expensive and will deteriorate over time. The newer cars have nylon lines, but routing is critical from road debri and heat. In the end, the steel lines on our car lasted half a century. My #1 suggestion will always be hard line. Steel tube is cheap, but SS is not much more. I use short lengths if flexible hose on both ends for body movement.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

I used Summit branded E85 compatible braided hose with their AN fittings (I think they are private label Earl's).

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...10bp/overview/

2 years later with E70 in the tank since day one it's holding up. I actually just inspected my fuel rail and its perfectly clean, no chunks of rubber from deterioration. This hose does not allow vapors to permeate it so fortunately some of the comments above about braided hose are no longer true.

See that does make for an expensive fuel system. 10Ft of hose for $70 PLUS fittings when to a 6ft length of 3/8 tube is $10
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Country Flag: Finland
      Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      I feel quality hose will work just fine, but you'll find out it's ridiculously expensive and will deteriorate over time. The newer cars have nylon lines, but routing is critical from road debri and heat. In the end, the steel lines on our car lasted half a century. My #1 suggestion will always be hard line. Steel tube is cheap, but SS is not much more. I use short lengths if flexible hose on both ends for body movement.
      the heat will be problem if near headers, mine is routed about 20cm from my headers and my headers are wrapped so no problems. Debri is not so much critical whit this nylon line. We smashed it with hammer just to make sure how much hit it would take, the steel line collapses before this nylon line and after it collapses it bounses back but steel line wont. only problem is heat if you route it really close to headers.

Collapse? Steel line won't collapse. Well yeah, if you smash it with a hammer it will flatten out. However I bet you one hard smack won't close it up. For normal use I put armor guard over my lines to protect from road debri and hammer won't even phase it.. You can't form bends either like steel. OEM used nylon because it's light and cheap,
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

See that does make for an expensive fuel system. 10Ft of hose for $70 PLUS fittings when to a 6ft length of 3/8 tube is $10
      Yes, you'll need the 3/8 tube along the frame rails, but you'll still need the flex lines regardless at the engine/frame rail and frame rail/tank connections. On my 67, it would take roughly 6' of flex lines. You can use the cheaper lines that emits vapor, or use the expensive stuff.

...You can't form bends either like steel. OEM used nylon because it's light and cheap,
      And nylon won't corrode.
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

Thank you Andrew for the tip!

Nylon won't corrode, but will age and crack. Stainless will outlive us...and based on my oem steel lines, they last forever too in the right environment
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com