Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

1970 Mustang Mach 1 Restomod/Pro-Touring Build

Hello everyone.
      I am in the middle of a re-build on my 1970 Mustang Mach 1. I purchased the car as a junior in high school in 2002 and the car was pretty rough as you can see in the photo. I took the car with me to my collision repair program after high school and did a complete restoration on it starting in the fall of 2003 and finishing the project in the summer of 2005. I have enjoyed the car through the years until I got rear ended in the spring of 2015. I decided after the collision and the insurance work was all worked out to not only repair the car but to completely re do it with some changes and take care of things that weren't up to my standards from the original restoration.

Purchased as a parts car from a friend in 2002. My friend Doug inside the car demonstrating the flinstone brakes. He has a sweet 69 Camaro!
      Name:  Mach1 original.jpg
Views: 9235
Size:  110.1 KB

A photo of my Mach 1 next to a 69 GT pro-touring car I built back in 2010-2011 and has been featured in a few different mustang magazines.
      Name:  70Mach 69 GT.jpg
Views: 13223
Size:  123.6 KB

My car was lucky enough to be shown in Mustang magazine a while back and grace it with the Ring Brothers Reactor 67 Mustang.
      Name:  Magazine cover.jpg
Views: 6906
Size:  34.0 KB
      Name:  Mustang Magazine.jpg
Views: 7329
Size:  49.0 KB
      Name:  Mustang Magazine insert.jpg
Views: 6986
Size:  57.6 KB

Spring 2015 My first outing of the season with the car and a guy in a GMC Jimmy bumped into the back of me at a red light. Didn't look too bad but looks can be deceiving. The insurance estimate at $8,500 may have been a bit light but even being in the business it's tough to estimate vintage cars.
      Name:  Mach Rear Ended.jpg
Views: 7578
Size:  56.3 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com