Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by thumper877 View Post
      Those are to nice to step on. U need a set on top of those to protect them lol. Looks beautiful
      LOL... Thank you! My old man would agree with that! I think everything he owns is double mated.

How do you like the ride quality and overall feel of your suspension setup ?

Car is a beautiful
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Quote Originally Posted by Bossed View Post
      How do you like the ride quality and overall feel of your suspension setup ?
      I don't have a lot of miles on the car yet but so far I really like the ridetech setup. I came from a basically stock suspension with lowering springs up front and a lowering blocks in back along with a control arm drop. I would say the ridetech setup rides better and I anticipate handling has improved but I haven't given that aspect a try yet. I have the coil over adjustment right in the middle where they suggest to start. I will have the opportunity to try it a little more next week at the Sturgis Mustang Rally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      Car is a beautiful
      Thank you!

This labor day weekend I brought the Mach 1 to it's first car show in Sturgis, SD at the 14th Annual Sturgis Mustang Rally. I had spent the last few weeks wet sanding, buffing, and cleaning the car up. I also made some other adjustments to make sure it was road worthy because that area of the state has some pretty fun driving. The car performed awesome and I think my only real area of concern is some EFI fine tuning but nothing major. This event has a lot of fun stuff going on for the Mustang group. There is of course a car show, which was my main area of concern for this year. The fun driving stuff would include poker runs, launch box, burnout competition, barrel racing, drifting, auto cross, and my favorite, the drag races.

I stayed conservative with the event and took the car for a drive through Spearfish Canyon and other hot spots in the area and logged a couple hundred miles to test things out. We even went through the parade that includes a few hundred mustangs normally and It was a good test for the cooling system as temps reached near 100 that afternoon.

I had a great turnout at the car show and won my class that was a 64-78 Custom modified, and also was awarded the 2020 SMR Choice Award. Kind of their version of the Best Of Show or top pick award.

Name:  IMG_6657.jpg
Views: 1601
Size:  307.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_6620.jpg
Views: 1262
Size:  268.0 KB
      Name:  IMG_6643.jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  154.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_6632.jpg
Views: 1352
Size:  244.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_6635.jpg
Views: 1385
Size:  448.2 KB
      Name:  2020-09-07_2223.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  14.9 KB
      Name:  FullSizeR (6) copy 2.jpg
Views: 1197
Size:  122.9 KB

Congrats on winning the awards. Looks like a good time at the event.

That's a beautiful car Well deserved. Nice job sprucing it up!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossed View Post
      Congrats on winning the awards. Looks like a good time at the event.
      Thank You! I'm sure the car show and awards part isn't a big deal for a lot of the members on the forum and It's not something I get real worked up about myself but it's nice to receive a little recognition. For the most part it just helps draw attention to the shop and hopefully indicates the quality we aim to have on our restorations. The event is really quite fun and I plan to do a lot more of the driving and competing at events like this one after the the newness of the build wares off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      That's a beautiful car Well deserved. Nice job sprucing it up!
      Thanks Wayne! Appreciate it!

Well I've come to the end of this project and although it will never be done or 100% finished I probably don't have a whole lot more to post on. One area I still would like to change would be my wheels and I'm curious what others think. I have a few options I'll post on here and I'd love some input or feedback. Ultimately it will be what I want but for what wheels cost anymore I want to make the right choice and a wheel the masses will like as it will probably be what I stick with for quite a while. My biggest thing with making the change is to give the car a fresh look along with going to either an 18" wheel or 19" or possibly a staggered fitment of each.

These are just a few options I like and if anyone has any other ideas let me know.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
      Name:  magnum-prouct-page.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  95.9 KB
      Name:  407S1812.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  204.0 KB
      Name:  570RX35SGGM20-F01.jpg
Views: 987
Size:  16.3 KB
      Name:  6-1970-ford-mustang11-scaled.jpg
Views: 997
Size:  162.3 KB

My vote is #2. The Magnum wheel won't hit the wrong chord with any Mustang lover. Like Tork-Thrusts on a tri-5 Chevy they're never wrong, but they've been done to death. Wheels 4 and 5 look good, I like them, but they risk looking dated in a few years. The 427SC Cobra-style wheel has been sufficiently updated to not look retro, it has enough window area to show off the brakes, and it says Ford without saying you can't think beyond Mustang OEM equipment.
      Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
      My vote is #2. The Magnum wheel won't hit the wrong chord with any Mustang lover. Like Tork-Thrusts on a tri-5 Chevy they're never wrong, but they've been done to death. Wheels 4 and 5 look good, I like them, but they risk looking dated in a few years. The 427SC Cobra-style wheel has been sufficiently updated to not look retro, it has enough window area to show off the brakes, and it says Ford without saying you can't think beyond Mustang OEM equipment.

^ Nailed it.

My 65 Shelby clone will have real knockoffs reminiscent of the cobras... because they’re cool. 👍🏻
      Rick
      65 Fastback Mustang
      89 Daytona Shelby
      18 Charger R/T Superbee

1 or 2 will be fine. My personal taste is to not go over 17" diameter. Especially with chrome wheels, they tend to over power and look out of place on muscle cars. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
      You kinda read my mind. I want the car to be unique and yet I want a wheel that fits the car and will be timeless so I don't have to replace it for a very long time and it will remain a good look. Thanks for the input!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vogelsong View Post
      ^ Nailed it.

My 65 Shelby clone will have real knockoffs reminiscent of the cobras... because they’re cool. 👍🏻
      Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      1 or 2 will be fine. My personal taste is to not go over 17" diameter. Especially with chrome wheels, they tend to over power and look out of place on muscle cars. JMHO.
      I used to like the bigger stuff and when I put the wheels it has now on it was before that was a common thing. 16+ years later my tastes have changed a bit. I think 17" would be fine on this car but my brakes limit me to a minimum of 17" wheels and they have to have the perfect specs to clear. I will likely go 18" with that size having better tire size options. 19"+ wheel sizes get better yet but I want more sidewall on the tire without going to a huge diameter. Thanks for the input!

#1 or #4 depending on whether you want to go a bit retro or modern.
      Tracey

I'm kinda leaning towards wheel #2. I think it will look good on the car and have a good blend of a classic wheel that still gives the pro touring feel. The big downside to this wheel is that they only offer them in 18 and 20" sizes. I would prefer to go with the 18" wheel but the tire size options get pretty poor for what I'm wanting. I would go 18x9" in front and 18x11" in the rear but It would force me to go with a drag radial in the rear to get the width and diameter I want. Not sure if that's a big deal for how I intend to use the car right now but it kinda stinks to not have many options.

Everybody with a mustang will do #1 or #2, seperate yourself from the crowd, #3 is awesome, #4 is not bad either. Just my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by Tincup View Post
      Everybody with a mustang will do #1 or #2, seperate yourself from the crowd, #3 is awesome, #4 is not bad either. Just my 2 cents...
      I agree! I like all these options and #3 was my top pick but the cost is a tough one to swallow. Wheel #2 is roughly half the cost of the other three options.

Had the car out a little this morning and decided to make a small idling walk around video of the car for kicks. Gives a better idea of the personality of the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni8RMSqLg3E

Quote Originally Posted by builttodrive View Post
      I agree! I like all these options and #3 was my top pick but the cost is a tough one to swallow. Wheel #2 is roughly half the cost of the other three options.
      The wheels you have on it are real nice wheels. You could paint or powdercoat the centers gray and leave the hoops polished, ar any combination. Mine were originally matt gray centers with polished hoops, I painted them a greenish/gray color in the center, and gloss black on the hoops. Gave the car a whole new attitude.

Name:  100_1434.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  363.6 KB

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com