Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice job....

Absolutely beautiful, a car to be proud of.
      Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

Quote Originally Posted by chunger View Post
      Car is looking great! Now you just need to find the time to get out there an enjoy it! Go for a drive!
      Thanks! A few more things on the list to finish up but hope to be driving it soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tsaints1115 View Post
      Sweet!
      Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tincup View Post
      Nice job....
      Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
      Absolutely beautiful, a care to be proud of.
      Thank you!

Now that I have the car home I have been slowly checking things off the list. First was getting the ride height and stance set and getting the alignment done. After that I decided to put some expel film from the lower body line down to help prevent rock chips. It doesn't look as good as it does with smooth wet sanded paint but it doesn't look bad at all and most people won't even notice unless you pointed it out. I think its going to be worth the protection and I can always peel it off.

Next on the list after giving it a couple small test drives around the neighborhood was a final Dyno tune. The terminator EFI I'm running is a self learning system and you can use the hand held controller to fine tune it yourself which I did to some degree but it's hard to beat getting info from the dyno. Just from tweaking things I believe we picked up around 20 hp at the wheels and also learned that the engine liked to keep pulling to around 6,500rpm on the chassis dyno where it stopped around 5,700 on the engine dyno.

Name:  IMG_6403.jpg
Views: 1287
Size:  141.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_6404.jpg
Views: 1247
Size:  232.6 KB

A little more interior progress. The center console is now finished along with the back seat.

Name:  IMG_6398.jpg
Views: 1246
Size:  141.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_6396 (2).jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  189.4 KB

The wife and I were able to take the car out together for the first time in over 6 years to a local cruise in the other night. I'm really liking how everything came together and the new and improved version is definitely just that! The ridetech coil over suspension rides really well!

One area I am battling is my power steering and Hydratech Hydroboost combination. I was pleased with how the steering felt before but at low speeds while braking and steering I would get a little feedback through the wheel that felt like I would momentarily lose assist. I am using a Randall's rack system that utilizes a GM Jcar rack along with a GM type 2 pump. I spoke with Hydratech and I have tried a few things but it seems like I may have added an issue. In trying to slightly increase pressure from the pump that seemed to help a little with the braking and steering combo issue at low speeds I may have created a new issue. The steering feels a bit touchy at faster speeds. The larger tires in front prevented me from getting a lot of caster but its sitting with about 2.5 degrees positive with a little more on the passenger side. Camber and toe were set for good street manners and tire wear.

Name:  IMG_6425.jpg
Views: 1250
Size:  178.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_6424.jpg
Views: 1364
Size:  202.7 KB

Wow, just read through this whole build. Killer job man!!

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Great job! Nice upgrades in the 2.0 version. Nice to see a project receiving priority through a number of life changes! My hat’s off to you for keeping the focus!
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

I've been away for a while, and what a pleasant surprise to come back and catch up with your progress. Really appreciate you sharing pictures and details throughout the process. The car looks amazing 👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Wow, just read through this whole build. Killer job man!!
      Thank you sir!!

Quote Originally Posted by 454bug View Post
      Great job! Nice upgrades in the 2.0 version. Nice to see a project receiving priority through a number of life changes! My hat’s off to you for keeping the focus!
      Thank you! Yes it was definitely challenging and the wife was ready for it to be finished up when baby #2 came. It feels great being nearly done!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bossed View Post
      I've been away for a while, and what a pleasant surprise to come back and catch up with your progress. Really appreciate you sharing pictures and details throughout the process. The car looks amazing 👍👍
      Glad you enjoyed the build thread and thank you!

Looks very good.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Looks very good.
      Thank you!

Had the car out a little more this last week and had some time to fine tune a few more things. This has always been my favorite car but I forgot how ridiculously fun it is to drive and the crazy amount of attention it gets.

I'm still sorting out my power rack and pinion steering relationship to my Hydratech hydroboost brakes but I did get a little bit of it sorted out. I have a little feedback with my steering that is more like a momentary loss of power steering when I apply the brakes that seems to be mostly at slower speeds. I am wondering if I need more volume from the GM type 2 pump or if the pressure valve is sticking. I increased both volume and pressure slightly and at first i thought it may have made the steering a little quick and poor at highway speeds but it was the fact that my alignment had gone out of spec with the suspension settling and getting too much toe. After another alignment it seems to drive well again.

Another area I decided to finally take care of was my high metallic brake pads that came with my Baer brake system. They stopped great but when you would apply light brake pressure sounded awful and I couldn't take it anymore. I was told to try some Hawk pads in there and I went with the HPS series. They seem to stop well and are quiet so I'm happy!

Car looks awesome! Great job!

What kind of numbers did you get on the Dyno?
      chunger

'68 Ranchero 500
      '70 Cougar XR-7 Convertible
      '98 Mustang GT Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by chunger View Post
      Car looks awesome! Great job!

What kind of numbers did you get on the Dyno?
      Thank you! I'm not sure what to take away from the dyno as he was making the pulls in 2nd gear. He said he assumed I had a highway gear in the car and didn't want to get it spinning so fast with a lot of wheel speed. The best pull showed 351 hp at the wheels. I asked him if that sounded about right for an engine that made nearly 500 at the crank on the engine dyno and he said with the automatic trans, a loose 3,500 stall convertor, 9" rear end, and big heavy wheels and tires it was probably pretty close. From the initial pulls it showed a gain of 25 HP as he was tuning it and it certainly runs better. I'm not sure how to judge the second gear pulls from 1:1 and it was also 91 degrees that day with plenty of humidity.

Outstanding build man!
      And that paint, spot-on!
      Dave
      84 Monte SS - just a few bolt-ons

Quote Originally Posted by mc84_zz4 View Post
      Outstanding build man!
      And that paint, spot-on!
      Thank you! I imagine I would like your Monte also! 1984 would be my year of choice.

I finally got the last few details done for the upholstery and I'm pretty pleased with the total package. I had the MOMO wheel re-done in fresh leather with orange stitch to match along with a set of personalized floor mats to help save the carpet but of course had to have a little detail. They were made from the same German Square Weave carpet and included the alcantara, carbon fiber, and orange stitching. They were laser etched with a nod to the original script that would have been on the stock valve covers.
      Name:  IMG_6486.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  124.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_6563.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  150.5 KB
      Name:  FullSizeR (6).jpg
Views: 679
Size:  202.7 KB
      Name:  FullSizeR (6) copy.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  207.7 KB

Those are to nice to step on. U need a set on top of those to protect them lol. Looks beautiful

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com