Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      I don't know where to start! I love the dash and gauges, the lighted Mach1 badges are sweet!! I love that color!! it's gorgeous.
      Thanks Wayne!
      I started through your Camaro build and I don't know where to start there either! Really nice project! I hope to build a nice 69 Camaro for myself one day.

I had another opening in the booth and made some time to get some more painting done. It feels good to have the big stuff painted. I still have a few rounds of smaller parts but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Name:  IMG_4115.jpg
Views: 1932
Size:  78.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_4116.jpg
Views: 1908
Size:  90.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_4121.jpg
Views: 1885
Size:  76.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_4118.jpg
Views: 1896
Size:  84.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_4119.jpg
Views: 1900
Size:  85.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_4117.jpg
Views: 1885
Size:  101.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_4120.jpg
Views: 1911
Size:  97.0 KB

I need that paint on my car! Beautiful and great work!

Quote Originally Posted by samuel642000 View Post
      I need that paint on my car! Beautiful and great work!
      Thank you! I appreciate it!

It's been a busy summer like always but I'm still getting a fair amount done on the Mach 1. The wiring is about 90% done and I have got the car up and running. I wanted to add a little video I had but it's on my phone and I wasn't having any luck adding it here. It sure feels good to be this far and I really missed the sound! The engine bay is mostly squared away and really only have the shaker scoop to add.

Name:  IMG_4453.jpg
Views: 1736
Size:  127.2 KB

I still have a lot to assemble and even paint yet but I have a small start on the interior. I fitted a Mustangs to fear one piece headliner in the car. It took a lot of trimming and test fitting until it was right. I then had a friend who has an interior shop wrap it in leather and we added a little design to it mimicking the mach 1 hood stripe on the car. I think it turned out pretty cool and it's better seen in person of course.

Name:  IMG_4521.jpg
Views: 1650
Size:  122.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4532.jpg
Views: 1633
Size:  77.2 KB

The rear of the car is coming together nicely and I'm glad I took the time to make the challenger gas door work! I have to pull the rear axle out yet and do my final welding for the ride tech four link tabs. While I have that out I will freshen it up and also add new paint. I have a roush yates Nascar detroit locker installed and the high spring rates in those make a lot of noise so I may install a lighter one and not sure if I will stay with the 3.89 gears or go to 3.70's this time around.

Name:  IMG_4528.jpg
Views: 1622
Size:  106.3 KB

Name:  IMG_4527.jpg
Views: 1615
Size:  109.1 KB

The personalized Dakota Digital gauges are looking good and I really like how much brighter and easier they are to see. The metal wrap I had done on the bezels looks like it will tie in with the interior well.

Name:  IMG_4544.jpg
Views: 1628
Size:  103.8 KB

Here is a link to the first start up on the car. It's On my phone so quality isn't the best but turned out ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HPksDsLI2c

Congrats on the first start. The 409 sounds really good at idle, looking forward to hearing it bark a bit when the throttle is opened.

Which SpinTech muffler did you select, is that the quiet one or the louder version? I plan to make calls to SpinTech and Magniflow tomorrow to try to decide on an exhaust for my Coyote Powered 70 Mach 1. If SpinTechs side exhaust system will work with their subframe connectors, that is the ticket. If not, I will be going with the Magniflow 2 1/2 inch system and route under my TCP 4-link like what you have done. I have the reinforced axle housing and their is no room to pass the exhaust up and over the axle.

Keep up the good work and thanks for your replies to my questions through PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss5Oh View Post
      Congrats on the first start. The 409 sounds really good at idle, looking forward to hearing it bark a bit when the throttle is opened.

Which SpinTech muffler did you select, is that the quiet one or the louder version? I plan to make calls to SpinTech and Magniflow tomorrow to try to decide on an exhaust for my Coyote Powered 70 Mach 1. If SpinTechs side exhaust system will work with their subframe connectors, that is the ticket. If not, I will be going with the Magniflow 2 1/2 inch system and route under my TCP 4-link like what you have done. I have the reinforced axle housing and their is no room to pass the exhaust up and over the axle.

Keep up the good work and thanks for your replies to my questions through PMs.
      Alan, If you look back through my posts you'll see my exhaust setup. It's a Magnaflow system that I had to route under the axle. I substituted Spintech Mufflers in place of the Magnaflows because a prefer the sound over a Magnaflow in my application. In other applications like your 5.0 the Magnaflows can sound good though. I have the Spintech 3000 series in low profile form and they are on the louder side. However my parents have a 2014 Mustang 5.0 with Spintech 6000 series I believe and it still has a good amount of volume but it sounds really good and has no drone. Unfortunately the video doesn't do it justice. You get the idea how it sounds but it is much better in person. I can't go anywhere without someone asking me what I have for exhaust and how good it sounds.

Maybe an illusion, but looking at your exhaust, it looks like the pipes have been flattened or replaced with oval tubing? I am looking at the Magaflow Tru-X 2 1/2 system and plan to call them. The Tru-X systems seem to have more pieces making custom installation easier. Since SpinTech is known for their oval tubing, did you by any chance substitute some of their oval pipe when you installed their mufflers? I want to avoid buying a kit only to replace half of it with another vendors components.

I have a TCP custom 9 inch rear axle with reinforcement, so I do not have a roundish pumpkin like yours. I really like the routing on your exhaust below the rear axle and to the outside as that is about my only option. As you pointed out, not much room left above the axle with the TCP 4-link installed.

Sorry about all the questions, but you are at a point in your build where you have worked out solutions to problems I am encountering now.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss5Oh View Post
      Maybe an illusion, but looking at your exhaust, it looks like the pipes have been flattened or replaced with oval tubing? I am looking at the Magaflow Tru-X 2 1/2 system and plan to call them. The Tru-X systems seem to have more pieces making custom installation easier. Since SpinTech is known for their oval tubing, did you by any chance substitute some of their oval pipe when you installed their mufflers? I want to avoid buying a kit only to replace half of it with another vendors components.

I have a TCP custom 9 inch rear axle with reinforcement, so I do not have a roundish pumpkin like yours. I really like the routing on your exhaust below the rear axle and to the outside as that is about my only option. As you pointed out, not much room left above the axle with the TCP 4-link installed.

Sorry about all the questions, but you are at a point in your build where you have worked out solutions to problems I am encountering now.
      The kit I used was part #15819 its a Tru-x 3" system. All of the tubing on my car is the standard round. I have actually installed this and the 2.5" kit on many cars both over and under the axle with a variety of 4 and 3 link suspension systems.

I looked closely at the TCP rear suspension and noted that the splined anti-sway bar is in the way of having exhaust go under the rear axle. So no way to go under or over the axle. So it is back to the idea of doing a side exit exhaust. I have the SpinTech subframe connectors, so I put the PS connector in place for evaluation. The end of the subframe connector drops down about an inch below the rear frame rail. I do not want the exhaust to hang any lower than necessary, so it looks like I am going to have to rework the end of the subframe connectors.

BTW, did you use the aggressive, 333SCS or a quieter 333DSC SpinTech mufflers? I plan to go with the quieter ones as I plan to drive the car long distances and I am getting too old to deal with it.

Alan, Yeah you may have your work cut out for you there. I think think in a boss 302 tribute car like you are doing the side exhaust would work well and be a little like the 302 trans am cars. I have the more aggressive Spin Tech mufflers on mine but I'm sure you would want something more tame especially if you will have the exhaust out the side before the axle. The shorter the system the louder. I picked my suspension partially based on being able to get my exhaust out the back because that was a must for my car. Street or track was another candidate and TCP also.

Thanks again and yes the Trans Am look would be what I am looking for, just have to make it work. With the power and torque of the Coyote, I felt having subframe connectors to be a necessity. SpinTech makes a muffler called the Sportsman XR90 which has a 90 degree exit. I think I can make the side exit exhaust work using the XR90s. I actually found a picture on their website that shows a 90 exit, but interestingly enough, the exit placement is different from the XR90. I plan to have a discussion with SpinTech tomorrow to discuss piecing together components that should work. I will have to modify the end of the subframe connector where it connects to the rear frame rails to tighten up the fit to the frame rails. This is just another of those situations where making everything work together is custom in some way or another. Just part of the journey, but it sure gets frustrating at times. The end result will be worth the effort, just need to chill a bit and it will work out in time.

Your doing an awesome job, love everything about this build. Can't wait to see it finished...

Quote Originally Posted by Tincup View Post
      Your doing an awesome job, love everything about this build. Can't wait to see it finished...
      Thanks Mike! Appreciate the compliment! Your D100 truck project is killer along with the Dart too!

Starting to look a little more like a car. It's always fun getting panels to line back up after paint. It seems like they fit so well when they are in the bodywork stages and it's a struggle after paint. It will get there though!

Name:  IMG_4628.jpg
Views: 1340
Size:  212.7 KB

Looking real good, the color really stands out!

Question, I do not see mounting holes for the side mirror, what are your plans there?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com