Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Wikdstang View Post
      What about the export brace? I'm running ridetech setup in the front also and wanted to put some kind of export brace back on.
      I'm using the Total control full export brace. I made a custom shock tower plate that works with the mounting for the total control export brace but has the ridetech bolt pattern and the correct bore for the coil over shock mounting....it also works for the air system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dalpilot View Post
      Very nice. I sure miss mine.
      Thank You! I plan to keep this one as long as I live and would like to see it be passed down to my kids one day.

Thanks! That's exactly what I'm doing. The plates looked a bit different so that's why I asked. I had to make my own plates also because of the ridetech coilovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikdstang View Post
      Thanks! That's exactly what I'm doing. The plates looked a bit different so that's why I asked. I had to make my own plates also because of the ridetech coilovers.
      You bet! Great minds think alike.

After getting the car off the rotisserie and set on some stands I got it leveled and started preparing to get my ride tech suspension installed.

I made some 4 1/2" spacers to set a temporary ride height as suggested in the ride tech instructions to aid in the placement of the upper 4 link mounting tabs. My rear end housing didn't quite agree with the supplied mounting tabs but a quick call to ride tech got my issue squared away. They were quick to send me out a set of tabs that worked better for my particular rear end housing with friendly service and of course no charge. It was suggested that I start with the pinion angle set to 3 degrees and just tack the tabs in place for now. I wanted to make the car a roller for now and I am waiting for final welding of the tabs once I have my driveline in and I can double check the angles.

Name:  IMG_3398.jpg
Views: 2402
Size:  154.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3427.jpg
Views: 2435
Size:  248.2 KB

Name:  IMG_3426.jpg
Views: 2408
Size:  179.3 KB

Name:  IMG_3309.jpg
Views: 2415
Size:  184.1 KB

Name:  IMG_3424.jpg
Views: 2410
Size:  171.7 KB

My current wheel and tire combo is most likely temporary and I will probably go with a 18 or 19 inch wheel with wider widths once I have a better idea of what will all work. In the rear I'm sitting pretty good to the outside and would mostly just go wider to the inside. The current 305/30-20 sits in there with plenty of room and I have a strong 1 1/2" to work with in the wheel house but the first area I would make contact as it sits would be the lower 4 link arm. I have roughly 3/4" gap between the arm and the tire now but changing the style of arm with a different joint like ride techs R-joint and a little spacing could gain me some extra room. I'll know more on the front once I have the front end together and everything sitting how I like.

Name:  IMG_3429.jpg
Views: 2413
Size:  253.2 KB

Name:  IMG_3316.jpg
Views: 2404
Size:  180.5 KB

Very nice work so far! My Dad and I have a 70 Mach 1 waiting in a garage for us to get to, I can't wait to get going on it!

Keep the progress coming.
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

Good work and great progress. I just joined recently and found your thread today. I also have a 1970 Mach 1 which will be a full restomod including TCP suspension, Coyote power, and 6R80 AT.

Keep up the good work.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by WallaceMFG View Post
      Very nice work so far! My Dad and I have a 70 Mach 1 waiting in a garage for us to get to, I can't wait to get going on it!

Keep the progress coming.
      Thanks! I really enjoy my 70 Mach 1 and since I have been without it as I rebuild it I'm really getting anxious to have it done and back on the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boss5Oh View Post
      Good work and great progress. I just joined recently and found your thread today. I also have a 1970 Mach 1 which will be a full restomod including TCP suspension, Coyote power, and 6R80 AT.

Keep up the good work.

Alan
      Thanks! That sounds like it will be an awesome build that will handle and have a great engine/trans combo in one of the best looking cars ever made...I might be bias.

I now have the car supporting itself again on the wheels and tires as a roller and will be able to start blocking out primer soon. I am awaiting a little free space in the shop to start on it but in the mean time I have started to tackle a few other odds and ends like the dash. I decided to dial back the color in the interior a little and try something a little more subtle and closer to the original look but brought up to date a little bit and still different. I really like how it turned out and the brushed steel makes some nice changes in the different lighting and is more sporty than the original wood grain.

Name:  FullSizeR (6).jpg
Views: 2247
Size:  211.4 KB

Name:  IMG_3462.jpg
Views: 2250
Size:  178.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3459.jpg
Views: 2247
Size:  126.5 KB

Another update:

It's been a while since I have had any updates but I have been busy working on the car like normal. I thought I would wait with any updates until they were a little more significant.

Its been busy in the shop and finding time to get my car in the booth has been tough. In the mean time I had another little interior project. I want to give a modern twist on the original 70 Mach 1 interior. I decided to incorporate some of the original pieces I originally kept out. One of those is the deluxe door panel courtesy lights. I had custom aluminum ones made to replace the original chrome pot metal pieces and had Mach 1 cut through it so I could have the name Mach 1 illuminate through it when you open the door.

Name:  IMG_3818.jpg
Views: 2010
Size:  248.5 KB
      Name:  IMG_3817.jpg
Views: 2037
Size:  193.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_3816.jpg
Views: 2037
Size:  228.0 KB

I finally found a little time to get some of the painting done and started with the main body and the rear portion. I stuck with the same color combo again both from Ford. Orange Crush Pearl for the main color and Shadow Gray Metallic for the accent color.

Name:  IMG_3902.jpg
Views: 2016
Size:  148.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_3904.jpg
Views: 2015
Size:  161.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_3900.jpg
Views: 2015
Size:  152.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_3898.jpg
Views: 2009
Size:  126.5 KB

The color is stunning. I can't wait to see the pictures as you reassemble the car.

Thank you! I really like the color and it stands out in a crowd even against similar burnt orange colors.

I absolutely love that color. The car is going to look fabulous.
      Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
      I absolutely love that color. The car is going to look fabulous.
      Thanks John!

Gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by Dalpilot View Post
      Gorgeous
      Thank You!

I had a little time this weekend to start getting the driveline in the car. I have a lot of polishing and detailing to do but its starting to come together. I also got the headers on to see how my transmission crossmember notches will work out along with the shock tower notches and I'm pleased with the extra clearance. The FPA headers fit like a glove and are well built! I had my Silver Fox AOD transmission freshened up and got it reinstalled.

Name:  IMG_4031.jpg
Views: 1563
Size:  434.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_4030.jpg
Views: 1560
Size:  184.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_4023 (1).jpg
Views: 1540
Size:  247.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_4022 (1).jpg
Views: 1536
Size:  245.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_4029.jpg
Views: 1532
Size:  228.0 KB

I'm waiting for the booth to be open for an opportunity to spray the remaining parts but in the mean time I've been busy with the mechanical side. I installed a Tin Man Fabrication drive shaft loop for safety and to make sure I'm legal to run slicks at the track. While I was under the car and had the welder handy I decided to tackle the exhaust also. I purchased one of the Magnaflow Tru X 3" exhaust systems and began fitting and trimming all the pieces. We use a lot of these kits In our shop and they feature high quality stainless tubes that are mandrel bent. I substituted the included mufflers for something a little more exotic from Spintech Mufflers. The kit is also intended to be routed over the axle but with my Ride Tech four link there isn't much room. So I cut it apart and got creative going under the axle and out the back like a Mach 1 is supposed to. I loaded up the mig welder with stainless and got it together.

Name:  IMG_4064.jpg
Views: 1473
Size:  172.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4065.jpg
Views: 1442
Size:  221.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4063.jpg
Views: 1469
Size:  205.4 KB

Name:  IMG_4062.jpg
Views: 1431
Size:  147.6 KB

I don't know where to start! I love the dash and gauges, the lighted Mach1 badges are sweet!! I love that color!! it's gorgeous.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com