Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      [QUOTE=Tincup;1341273]The wheels you have on it are real nice wheels. You could paint or powdercoat the centers gray and leave the hoops polished, ar any combination. Mine were originally matt gray centers with polished hoops, I painted them a greenish/gray color in the center, and gloss black on the hoops. Gave the car a whole new attitude.

Sharp ride Mike! I hear ya! I do still like my wheels and I chose the simple 5 spoke design back in the day because I knew I would probably like them for a long time. There's a part of me that just wants a new wheel for a whole new look on the car but the biggest thing is wanting to go down to a 18-19" wheel for a little more sidewall on the tire and also a bit wider to support a little wider tire. I may have to play around with ideas like you mentioned or run them as is. I'm not having any luck in trying to sell them and really would need to, to help fund a new set.

Thanks Greg

Towers

Are able to still use factory motor mounts? Do you have a temp let of the plates?

Beautiful car man. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Recipient69 View Post
      Are able to still use factory motor mounts? Do you have a temp let of the plates?
      Yes you can use stock motor mounts. I am using some aftermarket poly urethane mounts currently but they are the same configuration as the stock mounts. I had stock parts store rubber ones on the car but the rubber started to tare and so I replaced them. I may have a few sets of the plates left. I can check.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonar89 View Post
      Beautiful car man. Nice.
      Thank you!

After looking at a ton of wheel options I ended up going with a Forgeline CFC3 Concave wheel with Forged Charcoal powder coated centers that match my stripe color really well and a polished lip for a little bling. The front wheels are a 18x8.5 and the rears are a 19x10.5 with Nitto Nt555G2's in 245/40-18 and 305/35-19. It's a very different look but I really like it. They kinda need to be seen in person to get a better idea and some better pictures would help but you get the idea.
      Name:  FullSizeR (6) copy 3.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  103.5 KB
      Name:  FullSizeR (6) copy 4.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  154.5 KB
      Name:  FullSizeR (6) copy 5.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  139.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_8175.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  96.5 KB
      Name:  IMG_8231.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  121.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_8229.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  104.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by builttodrive View Post
      After looking at a ton of wheel options I ended up going with a Forgeline CFC3 Concave wheel with Forged Charcoal powder coated centers that match my stripe color really well and a polished lip for a little bling. The front wheels are a 18x8.5 and the rears are a 19x10.5 with Nitto Nt555G2's in 245/40-18 and 305/35-19. It's a very different look but I really like it. They kinda need to be seen in person to get a better idea and some better pictures would help but you get the idea.
      Name:  FullSizeR (6) copy 3.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  103.5 KB
      Name:  FullSizeR (6) copy 4.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  154.5 KB
      Name:  FullSizeR (6) copy 5.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  139.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_8175.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  96.5 KB
      Name:  IMG_8231.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  121.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_8229.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  104.5 KB
      Very nice and that color looks amazing. I have always loved the older mustang and that color makes it even better. Congrats on a awesome build. Now I'm going on Craigslist and find a mustang lol

You did an incredible job on this car, the Forgelines were the right choice! You have a thorough attention to detail in your build and its amazing how it all comes together so well. Fantastic job!

BTW, even parked next to a Muira it stands out!

Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by thumper877 View Post
      Very nice and that color looks amazing. I have always loved the older mustang and that color makes it even better. Congrats on a awesome build. Now I'm going on Craigslist and find a mustang lol
      Thank you! Haha! good luck on the search!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      Much better... the car now looks complete.. great job
      Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by 813Demon340 View Post
      You did an incredible job on this car, the Forgelines were the right choice! You have a thorough attention to detail in your build and its amazing how it all comes together so well. Fantastic job!

BTW, even parked next to a Muira it stands out!
      Thanks for the compliment! Yes It's hard to park in the shadow of a Muira! A good friend of mine with an amazing car collection picked up the 67 Muira last spring. That one in particular has some special history with it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Very nice.
      Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tincup View Post
      Perfect choice..
      Thank you!

Awesome build! The wheel choice is really great, simple yet very nice and goes well with the car.
      Eddie

I really like this car and color. Awesome job. You mentioned previously it was Orange Crush Pearl paint. What color sealer did you use under the basecoat? Thanks, Carl

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
      Awesome build! The wheel choice is really great, simple yet very nice and goes well with the car.
      Thanks! Thats what I was hoping to achieve!

Quote Originally Posted by CARLMB View Post
      I really like this car and color. Awesome job. You mentioned previously it was Orange Crush Pearl paint. What color sealer did you use under the basecoat? Thanks, Carl
      Thank you sir! Yes the color is Orange Crush Pearl. Originally I used a white sealer on the car and the base coat was PPG DBU. This time around I used a medium gray sealer and the base coat was PPG Shop line just to save a little since the paint prices have really come up from 2004 to now. We generally use the DBC line in our shop but the price point was getting up there. The Shop line color is slightly different but you can tell they are the same color. I probably prefer the look it has now over the previous version.

Have to ask. Can I see some pics of ur square body. See it in the background. Love them and it looks nice thanks

Have to ask. Can I see some pics of ur square body. See it in the background. Love them and it looks nice thanks
      Thanks! Yeah the square body gets it's fair share of attention. It's had a few different looks but here is how I currently have it. I use it as my daily driver to work year round.
      Name:  IMG_5491.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  293.3 KB

Thats the perfect look for the truck. Very nice and very jealous lol.
      Quote Originally Posted by builttodrive View Post
      Thanks! Yeah the square body gets it's fair share of attention. It's had a few different looks but here is how I currently have it. I use it as my daily driver to work year round.
      Name:  IMG_5491.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  293.3 KB

Thats the perfect look for the truck. Very nice and very jealous lol.
      Thank you! I had it pretty good at one time but it was never meant to a show truck by any means. It's been used as my daily driver since 2013 and its starting to show but it still cleans up alright.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com